Mexico 2011/2012

Im looking at Gran Bahia and just wondering if anyone else is planning for mexico this year or next and how far have you got??? xx

• XWendyXukXWendyXuk Posts: 754
    We are getting married there on the 1st July, email me if you would like some more info hun x
  • Debz1987Debz1987 Posts: 11
    im getting married in cancun next May image

I have stayed in the Gran Bahia Principe in Mexico before its a lovely out its quite far out though x
  • Hi can i ask where your getting married and who you have booked with, Im now looking at the Iberostar Tucan, geting confused with it all already lol. Not long for you now are you all organised, must be so exciting??

xx
  • 11nov1111nov11 Posts: 366
    i am just back from my amazing wedding in secrets maroma beach! so jealous of all you mexico brides to be!! the hotel was AMAZING! It is about 40 mins from Cancun on the Riveria Maya. We booked through tropical sky. They gave us the best price but after we booked they did not help too much!! I actually did most myself via emails to the wedding co-ord at the hotel who was great! It will be amazing!

Our wedding was 18 May so only just back. Back to work on Wed. Booooooooooo

Heres a pic!

xx
  • 11nov1111nov11 Posts: 366

our photographer was octavio montes. check out his website

www.octaviomontes.com[/url

def recommend you shop around for a photographer. the one in our resort was soooo expensive. we had to pay a day pass for octavio to come into the hotel which was $100 (everything is in us dollars over there) but we got so much more for our money. i also got a cd with every photo he took as well as about 500 retouched images and 90 printed images. he also set up a link on his website so friends at home. tell octavio ruth sent you! image
  • vikkiewebbvikkiewebb Posts: 26
    Im getting married in the Moon Palace in May 2012. The wedding planners out there are really really good. I email them in the morning with any questions i have and by 5pm i have a reply. I was going to book the wedding through my travel agent but they just didnt seem to want to know and have any information they could give me. If you need any info email me image
  • sam22curlsam22curl Posts: 6
    Vikki Webb

I am getting married at Moon Palace in Dec this year but i have had no contact from them or the wedding Co ... have you got a email address i could have so i can email them. Its so exciting isnt it ..... i am just worried about getting my dress over there in the luggage allowance!!!

xx
  • EvaTransEvaTrans Posts: 27
    Hi all!

Have you looked into the legal requirements for getting married in Mexico yet?

You will probably need some translation and legalisation done; check out www.tlcuk.biz or let me know if I can help!

All the best,

Eva
  • Hi Vikkie,

I am also getting married at the Moon Palace on 8th May 2012. I am very excited but very nervous at the same time, as still no correspondance with wedding co ordinator. I have booked through Thomas Cook. I have recieved pack which included information on private functions and the diamond package which I have booked. However, after choosing a location for ceremony and reception I cannot reservse these areas as no one replies to my emails. Have emailed the Palace direct. I have been in touch with Katya the photographer. She said she would inform Chrissie and someone would be in touch. Have you received any correspondance yet?

Thanks

Natalie image
  • Hello Natalie

Oh my god we fly on the 6th May 2012 and then get married on the 11th May so we will see you out there. The diamond package looks very nice we went for the amethyst. We have booked through Thomas Cook but have booked the wedding through the Moon Palace. Did you book the wedding throught Thomas Cook? Im looking forward to received the pack to start choosing everything. Where do you want your reception? We went to Mexico last year and went to the Moon Palace for a day visit and they said they will contact you 3 months before the wedding to sort everything out with you so you should hear by Feb.
  • Hi Sam

I have an email address from them at work so ill get it tomorrow for you . When do you get married? Yeah im a bit worried about getting my dress over there your only aloud 5kg with Thomas Cook :S They do boxes that you can put them in that fit in to the over head compartments was going to have a look at them.

• Email address for the Moon Palace

[email protected]