HELP!! Harpist needed for my Cyprus church wedding, any recommendayions?

Hi Girls

I wonder if anyone can help.

I am getting married in Paphos @ St Pauls Pillar, i would love to have a harpist at the church, just wondering whether anyone has had one and whether you have any recommendations at all?

xoxo

• MrsCorbettMrsCorbett Posts: 677
    whoops meant to say recommendations lol

• We went to view that church last week and we're thinking of getting married there too! image

Our wedding planner, Linda at www.totalpaphosweddings.com said she knew of harpists etc, not sure if she'll be able to be able to help if you're not using her as a planner but you could see?
    Hi

Thank you, we have been told of one view the church but hear all the other music bar harpist lol, and so picky would like to hear demo etc ha ha.

The church is amazing i love it.

Have you decided on venues etc?

• You've made me think now about music too, we've been told that the organist is inlcuded in the price but I'm not keen on organ music and it's such a small church I think it might be a bit much!!

If I find anyone I'll let you know image

Yes, we're having the reception at Elea Estate, it's stunning, have you picked a reception venue yet?
    Hey Hun

OMG your venue is amazing if not come across this one at all, making me question mine now lol.

I am booked in for my reception Vasilias Nikoklis, how are your plans going?

• dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635 New bride
    hi there, not sure on a harpist but there is a violinist duo called Blue Jar who i hear are fantastic, and there site does have demo on as well chick x
  • MrsKW2011MrsKW2011 Posts: 1,592
    If you struggle to find an actual harpist that you like, could you get a CD of harp songs played? xxx
  • cyprusncyprusn Posts: 355
    Just so you know, Lesley from Blue Jar is also a harpist, so if you contact her through the Blue Jar website, she will be able to help you

hth

cyprusn
    Hi

Yes Lesley was recommended by Helen to me @ St Pauls Pillar, which i have emailed last year but recently had no reply to ask about booking.

As i couldnt find any examples of her playing the harp image
  • dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635 New bride
    hi there

i must admit, i did find that Blue Jar didnt get back to me for quite a while..so i sent another and they did respond. I know that at one point last year lesley had a problem with her email as it had been hacked i think..cant quite remember but maybe try again hun x
  • aliceariesalicearies Posts: 58
    Hi, Does anyone know what kind of harp she plays? I'd love to have a harpist for my wedding too but I only found one who plays Celtic harp... (I really want a normal big harp!)
    Hey

She plays a folk harp which is same as the celtic harp if you google images them they are the large ones as same as i want lol.

have you had joy finding one?

• aliceariesalicearies Posts: 58
    Hi MrsCorbett2be!

I have a quick look and found this:

http://www.pilgrimharps.co.uk/different.htm

Are you getting married this year? I haven't booked one for my wedding yet. Is it possible to send me the contact details of your harpist?

Thanks a lot! xo
    Hi Alicearies

I havent booked mine yet i have emailed Lesley Locke she has given me prices etc, but no reply from emails to book her, urgghhh.

I get married next July (2012), how about you?

• Hello! I am a Cypriot harpist, I do have a celtic and a classical harp as well. If you are still interested let me know image
    Hello

Thank you for your reply i have sent you a private message.

Kelly x
  • Hello,

I've just found this message. I am a 23yr old professional singer/harpist based in Cardiff available for the date you mentioned. I am currently performing in various weddings and events weekly and am already nearly booked up for 2012. I'm not sure if you managed to find a harpist in the end, but if not please feel free to send me and email/text. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Iona Thomas

[email protected]
  • You might also try Carol at www.paphosparties.com - she has lots of contacts for entertainment, music, groups/bands, DJ's etc...