Wedding abroad recommendations?! Please help :)!!

My fiance and I are wanting to get married abroad in 2012, probably around October time, can anyone recommend any where nice?

At the moment we have only looked in the Nissi Beach Resort in Cyprus, has anyone had their wedding there? Whats it like?

Obviously as it will be in October we want somewhere that will still we nice and warm but no longer than a 5 hour flight away.

We are thinking along the lines of either Cyprus or Greece, I quite like the idea of having a beach wedding but then I am happy with a hotel one as long as it looks nice.

Please can you all suggest places for me to investigate image thank you

• MrsCorbettMrsCorbett Posts: 677
    Hi

Cyprus will still be hot in October, just cooler evenings.

I am getting married in July 2012, we have booked St Pauls Pillar and then our reception at Vasilias Nikoklis, which is a rustic cypriot inn like mamma mia.

There are a few Nissi Beach brides on here, so you should get a few replies.

• VictorisaurVictorisaur Posts: 113
    That sounds lovely, what part of Cyprus is that?
  • jorosiepjorosiep Posts: 334
    Hi,

Have you looked at Santorini? You can have a beach wedding, hotel wedding or a winery wedding! Santorini is very unique and lovely. There are a few wedding planners on the island, we are going with Michael and Elena, who have been highly recommended on the site and we have found them brilliant so far.

Santorini's tourist season closes around 14th October, so late September would be better as it can start to rain when the season closes. It is still quite warm in late September.

I hope this helps,

Jo.
  • shivsershivser Posts: 186
    i have been looking at boutique hotels in greece and some of them have wedding planners. Have a look at Mr&mrs Smith. Some of them are just amazing image
  • Hi

I'm having a beach wedding in Zante September next year I've booked through a wedding planner Tsilivi Travel - Francis, we thought Cyopus was a bit expensive and Santorini didnt seem very child friendly to us, Zante is beautiful and there are so many options hotels, beaches and balconys options. I emailed Francis and she sent me dvds of different weddings she has done. Hope this helps. Rachel
  • Stefi4Stefi4 Posts: 4
    Hi, did you thing also about Sicily? Also there on october it is still warm and the sea is spectacular. I'm just back from Selinunte - there is a beautiful Acropolis where you can do very particular weddingphotos. http://www.hoteladmeto.it/en/selinunte.html This is a hotel with view an the sea. If you want to contact them, just ask for Nina Lo Piano - she is helps them to organize weddings.

xxx image
  • dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635
    yeah st pauls (ayia kyraki) church in cyprus is absoulutley stunning, both in real life and on the pics. I also hear that lake garda is gorgeous as well. A bride that took my silk floral designs out with her to cyprus said that st pauls blew her way x