Forum home Weddings abroad

My Nissi Beach Wedding Planning In Pics :)

Hi Ladies,

Thought I'd do a planning thread! Let me know what you all think!

Ceremony Venue

Reception Venue

My Dress

The invites

Bridesmaid dresses (something similar)

Chair Sashes

Table plan (got idea from a lady on here, hope she doesnt mind)

Fans (my flowers girls will hand these out before the ceremony, I think we'll need them in the cyprus heat!)

Favours (pink organza bags filled with mento's)

We'll also have personalised love hearts on the table

That's all I can think of at the minute, we've still got lots to decide! Plenty of time thoughimage

Happy planning Bride2be! X

• very nice!! You have loads done already and you are not getting married til August next year! I am getting married May and I haven't done half as much... panicing now!!!

Have you been to Nissi Beach before?? xx
  • I know! lol! Plenty to save though so i need to be organised! No i havnt but i was bridesmaid for my friend in a nearby hotel last year, its a lovely place. Have you been? XX
  • aliceariesalicearies Posts: 58
    Very nice!!!
  • GOE2012GOE2012 Posts: 103
    That all looks fab, I get married the month after you at The Garden of Eden in Cyprus & I've done loads of the planning already too.

You look fantastic in your dress, it really suits you xx
  • Yes, we visited it to look around at the end of April. Had an appointment booked with Marios and we arrived about 10 mins early for our meeting and was left waiting around for 40 mins as he was busy with another guest who was getting married and it was raining so they had stuff to sort out! No one even came over and apologised or offered us a drink, he emailed the day after but by then there was no way we were going to book there. We had a little look around ourselves and it is really nice and i am sure you will have a fab holiday there!

Have you got may guests going?? x
  • Meant fab wedding not holiday.... doh!!
  • VictorisaurVictorisaur Posts: 113
    Hello, this all looks lovely! Me and my fiance are getting married at Nissi Beach October 2012 and I cannot wait! We are going to book it all up Saturday so excited!! We are looking into hiring a yacht or catamaran or something similar as a suprise for all of our guests after the ceremony and then going back to the hotel for the reception!

Are you staying in a beach bungalow??

How many guests do you have?
  • MrsWillsontobe that's awful! God I hope that doesnt happen to me! Touch wood they've been brilliant so far.

There are 21 of us booked so far vickylou9 but we expect to get nearer to 40. Yea we've booked a beach bungalow for two weeks so wil hopefully get upgraded to a suite sometime durin our stay!

It's a lovely place isn't it? The idea with the yacht will be fab! We're not getting married till 4:30 so it doesnt really leave a lot of time between the ceremony & reception at 7pm. Wana make the most of the money we've paid for the hotel!

• GOE2012 thank you! Im loving the planning, i think it pays to be organised! I just cant wait! X
  • jujoukjujouk Posts: 147
    We have just returned from a wedding there and the only complaint was the amount of money per head they charged for a bbq wedding breakfast...55 euro per head plus the drinks behind the bar were expensive, the groom later found out that they could have got married at the hotel but had a reception elsewhere for a fraction of the cost, which they would have done had they have been told it was so expensive.

Just make sure you know all the prices before you decide image
  • VictorisaurVictorisaur Posts: 113
    Do you know how long the ceremony lasts? I dont really know anything about it all yet as we are booking Saturday so all the info you can give me would be fab image
  • jujoukjujouk Posts: 147
    Quoted:
    Do you know how long the ceremony lasts? I dont really know anything about it all yet as we are booking Saturday so all the info you can give me would be fab

If you are having a civil ceremony it will last about 15 - 20 mins, dependant upon how many other weddings they have to do.
  • NurseYatesNurseYates Posts: 472
    Hi,

Lovely, everything looks fantastic and you look stunning in your dress.

Hope your plans continue to go well.

Andrea x
  • MrsCorbettMrsCorbett Posts: 677
    Hey hun

WOW you are super duper organised and it all looks fab, bet you cant wait now.

Venue looks fab will all be perfect

• Hiya Hun! Yep, i just cant wait!image Hows your plannin coming along? x
  • dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635 New bride
    aw it all looks stunning..well done you ! x
  • AraBella8AraBella8 Posts: 18
    Wow, you are one organised chick!!

It all looks so nice and bright!xx
  • taffgemtaffgem Posts: 2
    Hi NissiBeachBride1!!

Pictures are fab ... along with your stunning dress and bridesmaid dress'. I too am getting married at Nissi - September 19th 2012 at 3.00pm also having the rondavel reception and I really can't wait - have you found Nissi beach group page on facebook? I look on there everyday - i have found great photography and a fab hairdresser after reading so many comments!!

Looking forward to hearing about your planning (as it may help me ... lol!!)

Gem =) 8)
  • Beccie1011Beccie1011 Posts: 802
    Wow you are exactly like me lol, im getting married there in June 2013 and i too am already planning stuff haha, everybody thinks im mad but i want to be organised myself! im having exactly the same the rondavel looks lovely doesnt it.

Where did you get your fans and invitations from there lovely xxx
  • Thanks ladies image Yea im on there facebook page! image gives me loads of good ideas! i love it! I fly back on 2nd sept so i'll just miss you! So exciting isnt it!?

Frank from nissi beach posted a picture yesterday of the rondavel, the best one ive seen! It really took my breath away!

Do you have a photographer booked? Mine have been so helpful. They've sent me 3 dvd's of weddings they have done at nissi beach resort to give me an idea of what my day could go like. I can now imagine it so much more now!

I think being organised is the key when your planning a wedding! Especially if your paying for it yourself!image XX
  • DuddersDudders Posts: 1,659 New bride
    All lovely!!

I'll try to remember to post you some pics of the hotel when I come back from honeymoon!

It's uber hot there in August - in the 40s - it was already 37 on Sunday!!

I agree it's bad that the couple were ignored when they went for their appointment, but I think it would actually worry me more if they had left the bride and groom!! Mind you they could have at least acknowledged them - that's not on!
    How do you find them on facebook? xx
  • taffgemtaffgem Posts: 2
    Quoted:
    Thanks ladies Yea im on there facebook page! gives me loads of good ideas! i love it! I fly back on 2nd sept so i'll just miss you! So exciting isnt it!?

Frank from nissi beach posted a picture yesterday of the rondavel, the best one ive seen! It really took my breath away!

Do you have a photographer booked? Mine have been so helpful. They've sent me 3 dvd's of weddings they have done at nissi beach resort to give me an idea of what my day could go like. I can now imagine it so much more now!

I think being organised is the key when your planning a wedding! Especially if your paying for it yourself! XX

Hi chick

They sent you 3 dvd's through email? Oh id love to see them too!! Although i have found a few good photographers and not sure who to choose ... ive been on youtube too just to see how difference between their videos!!

I know ... i love that photo ... ive saved it as a screen saver on my phone ... thats how excited i am ... lol!!

I have booked Anna to do my hair - she looks really good so i feel confident she will do a really good job!!

Ive looked at favours for the women and ive chosen to make some barefoot sandals (with small white pearls - have a google, see what you think??)

Becci1011 - search on the facebook toolbar for Nissi beach resort ... they have over 2000 fans!!

Anyhow, stay in touch all - loving your ideas!! Gem =)
  • shivsershivser Posts: 186
    love those paper fans where did you get them?

Everything looks so good, your so organised. I'm jealous image
  • taffgem - no not through email, through the post! 3 actual wedding dvd's much better than the vids on youtube! There about half an hour long & show u three very different ways having at that hotel. Cried my eyes out everytime! Im using jill & simon hack of sunshin photography. They are so nice! Simon takes the pics and jill video's it.

Sorry, forgot to answer the fan question. There from ceasars party supplies. I think there'l be a hit with the heat! lol. I made my invitation myself, everything off ebay! XX
    NissiBeachBride, how are you transporting your wedding dress i would love something big but worried that that wont let me on the plane with it? xxx
  • cherloublackcherloublack Posts: 269
    Just chipping in and saying your ideas look lush and the rondavel does look fantastic even without any decorations but we didnt have enough guests for it image

On the Marios thing, he was late for our meeting when we had ours the day we arrived but it was only because he is very in demand with other brides to be and wedding planners. He never stopped the whole time we were there and the reception staff dont have access to his diary so they wouldnt know if people were waiting for him

On the prices the bbq buffet does sound expensive but it is honest to god gorgeous and the little mini puddings were so cute everyone loved them, the cocktails were about 5 euros each but none of our guests minded at all and some of the normal restaurants in cyprus were not much cheaper (although there are a few that do 2 euro cocktails so just stick to them the rest of the time) image
  • Dudders1 sorry didnt see your post the last time. Would love to see some pics! image hope u have a fab time! X

I'm planning on putting my dress in a normal suitase in the hold image I'd prefer to take it on th plane with me but i doubt it would fit into a hand luggage size bag! My bridal shop is doin it for me though so i pupose it wont hurt to try! X
  • cherloublack thanks for your feedback hun. I've optd not to have a wedding planner out there and do everything myself (with the help of marios) do u think thats a bad idea? X
  • WoodynWebbyWoodynWebby Posts: 274
    stunning dress