Forum home Weddings abroad

Beach wedding in Europe??

After our beach wedding in Zante last year, my cousin has announced she wants a beach wedding too in 2013. I said i would help, but am struggling at the mo!! Can find by the sea, over-looking the sea, but not ON the beach..... Any help much appreciated. Definitly want a beach location, she wants to arrive by horse & carriage, im thinking either Greece, Cyprus or Turkey. She doesn't want to go further afield as she has 5 chidren x

• nenebabeuknenebabeuk Posts: 64
    It might not be your sisters ideal location but have a look at Lido di Leno in Lake Como. It is a stunning bar/restaurant with Marquee with a man made beach area right on the lake. We got married there last year and it was amazing! http://www.lidodilennoweddings.com/weddings/

Davide, the owner of the Lido is great and can help, however, we used a wedding planner, Jeremy, a South African guy who lives out there. His website is http://www.affinitaweddings.com/
  • Did she consider Malta? It has both, amazing venues (literally on the beach), horses and carriages are very common in Malta image
  • I know a great place in France on "la Dune du Pyla" if you want to check the pictures and "le bassin d'Arcachon" After if it's something more "mediteranean" there are plenty of spots overlokking the sea.

If you want more details don't hesitate to contact me!

[email protected]

Best regards

Virginie
  • NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835
    Sardina is beautiful- especially Cagliai on the south coast. Not many people know about it either so its slgihtly cheaper than mainland italy image
  • Kos has wonderful beaches and weddings are very affordable. There are also some fantastic hotels with water parks in them to keep children occupied during the holiday. Check out our website an if we can help; give us a shout xx
  • Have a look at Sicily!

I got married in a beautiful castle by the beach!

I used a wedding planner called marry me in Sicily

Take a look at there website

www.marrymeinsicily.co.uk

Jane

• Italy is really lovely and if you try the south of Italy (Sicily and Apulia) it will not be so expensive. Apulia is the heel of Italy and there are really lovely sandy beaches there. Look at Salento! Just gorgeous!

Another option is Malta as somebody else also mentioned. The nice thing about Malta is not only are the beaches lovely and you have an almost 90% chance of great weather - they also speak English!

Good luck with your planning.