Forum home Weddings abroad

Wedding in Cyrpus

Hi,

I am hoping to get married in Pathos next year, am I to late to book somewhere now? We can go in either April or June, has anyone been in either of these months? If so, what month would be best?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels? I would like it to be in the hotel in a gazebo with the beach behind but not with everyone sunbathing or by all holiday makers?

Many thanks

xxx

• I went in June this year and it was nice and warm, I think in April it may be a little cooler so I'd advise June.

I'm not sure on hotel recommendations, but you will find that unfortunately most beach wedding locations aren't 100% private and you will have other people sun bathing etc, which unfortunately put me off a beach location in the end image
  • NurseYatesNurseYates Posts: 472
    Hi,

We are getting married 30th May 2013 in paphos, i,ve researched the weather and May/June seem good months to get married.

We have decided not to get married in a hotel now but there are plenty of fantastic hotels. Have a look at Amathus beach, Athena beach, Annebelle and Alexander the great, they all have great reviews.

Good luck.

Andrea x
  • kateW2011kateW2011 Posts: 16
    Thank you for replying, the more I look the harder it is to choose somewhere they all look so lovely xx
  • When I was on holiday in Paphos we went to look at the Annabel, it is a lovely hotel and very central image
  • EmsBuddyEmsBuddy Posts: 280
    I am getting married at the Athena Beach hotel in June x
  • lucygidlucygid Posts: 44
    hey

we are getting married next May 25th in the coral beach hotel and resort its a lovely hotel in coral bay we went out this year to look around and we fell in love with this hotel.

check it out, good luck

xx
  • susandon2susandon2 Posts: 14
    Hello, you must be so excited. It is not too late to book so dont worry, I would probably start by securing a decent wedding planner. I have just returned from my wedding in Cyprus, it was stunning.

Our wedding at Almyra Hotel was fantastic. The attention to detail was superb by the hotel, location, setting and the food was the best we had our whole time in Cyprus. A party of 60 family and friends travelled with us and also said it was the best wedding they have ever been to, so I would highly recommend it. The hotel at Almyra was beautiful, clean, and spacious and the Kyma Rooftops were amazing and a superb location for drinks after the wedding ceremony.

My wedding planner was Mandy from www.cyprusweddingpaphos.co.uk Mandy was a fantastic wedding planner, very pleasant, helpful and instantly from our first email she talked with me for over a year and a half planning and exploring different hotels and ideas in Cyprus for my big day. Mandy was very thorough and totally helped and responded promptly to all my questions and never once complained with all the emails I was sending '3000' to be exact! I would highly recommend Mandy to other brides and grooms thinking of getting married in Cyprus. The plus side is that she lives there and knows everyone!

All the best for your big day.
  • elsapaigeelsapaige Posts: 1
    hi i agree the coral beach is a lovely location for your wedding .
  • MrsKW2011MrsKW2011 Posts: 1,592
    Hello,

I got married last month (18th June) at the Kefalos Beach Village at their beach gazebo. (which is my account pic)

have a look on their website and/or facebook page to see if it's the sort of thing your after.

There were sunbathers near by as it is a hotel after all, but staff at the kefalos were fantastic and ensured that no-one was too close and definately not in the way of our photo's.

Good luck choosing, all the hotels are so nice.

xxx