354 Days to go and we have Cancelled!!!!!

Hi

Oh my God, families - cant live with them, cant live without them. We have booked to go to malta with 35 guests (they were booking this weekend) and we have called it all off. Sick of the moaning and the interfeering image

Now just me and my H2B are jetting off to Sri Lanka in february for two weeks of sheer luxary, get married and have a fantastic honeymoon all in one.

Just broke the news to the familes and cant help but think they are thank full that we are going on our own. image

Oh well....we have made our mins up and Sri Lanks looks out of this world. Waiting for a confirmation of the exact day we get wed then it count down time. We are so excited :\)

We are still going ahead with a party when we get back so i stil get to wear my dress twice. imageimageimage

Take care all and please feel free to share any dilema's

Chez

xx

• Sorry to hear that Chez, but I'm sure you're going to have a fantastic time in Sri Lanka. From some of the photos I've seen on this site, it looks amazing!

I thought that by flying abroad to get married with a small group of people (in our case only 11), we would be spared all of the problems and arguments that seem to go hand-in-hand with Uk weddings. But MIL2B is still kicking up a fuss. We're just going to book and hope that she comes round eventually - otherwise, we may end up jetting off just the two of us.

Good luck with the Sri Lanka plans!
  • Chez,

Went to Sri Lanka last year. It is wonderful!! Hope you have a truly perfect time.

Joey x
  • mehubandbubmehubandbub Posts: 932
    I have heard wonderful things about Sri Lanka.

Its all about having what you both want, some people are just too selfish to realsie that.

Good on you for putting your foot down. No reretting it!!

xxx
  • leonie9481leonie9481 Posts: 103
    I've been feeling the same, H2B family said they might not be able to afford to come & its really put a downer on the whole thing.

Neither me or H2B want to get married in the uk, but i feel thats what his parents want.

Hopefully everything will be ok....

weddings are SO STRESSFULL!image

• chezmartchezmart Posts: 18
    thanks for all your lovely comments. No going back now, its booked and deposits have been paid.
  • sianll25sianll25 Posts: 27
    You've definitely made a good choice, I got married in May in Sri Lanka and it was absolutely amazing.

I put some photos on the other Sri Lanka topic if you want to have a look. You'll have a great time!
  • Vix_1Vix_1 Posts: 158
    where r u marrying in sri lanka and sian where did u marry?

I am marrying at the eden in october! Only 111 sleeps to go!!!!
  • chezmartchezmart Posts: 18
    Hi Vix_1

We have booked the Kani Lanka Spa and Resort. It looks beautiful.

We are off the rest of the week now, going shopping for holiday/honeymoon clothes.

We are both so chilled out now and looking forward to geting wed.

is everything orgainsed now? Are you having a party when you get back?

• mrswogden2bemrswogden2be Posts: 511
    we have done a very similar thing we have 22 weeks to go and have cancelled our wedding in england & now just me & h2b going to jamaica, had a screaming row on phone with mum & dad when i told them , but just made up my mind even more that i dont want the england wedding
  • LittleboboukLittlebobouk Posts: 5,369
    I think you are doing what is right for you and that is what matters sri lanka is amazing i haveheard so many amazing things about the place !!!

Good luck hun xx
    Cor I havent been on here for ages. Changing jobs and been manic - but phew time to chill out again its all gone quiet....back to the wedding!

Well I am having a party back here - It is costing more than my week in sri lanka, wedding and honeymoon?! How expensive...its all the food I suppose. But I havent actually organised anything. I have this week,started to panic, No bridesmaid dresses...no DJ...no legal stuff... I can get most things sorted am just annoyed at myself for not getting the bridesmaid/page boys sorted in good time. Can you believe the shops are stocking winter dresses already!! i am currently making my party invites but have taken some time out to catch up with you fellow brides to be!

How are things with you other sri lankan brides?

Q for you - How are you travelling with your dress and what airline?
    Cor I havent been on here for ages. Changing jobs and been manic - but phew time to chill out again its all gone quiet....back to the wedding!

Well I am having a party back here - It is costing more than my week in sri lanka, wedding and honeymoon?! How expensive...its all the food I suppose. But I havent actually organised anything. I have this week,started to panic, No bridesmaid dresses...no DJ...no legal stuff... I can get most things sorted am just annoyed at myself for not getting the bridesmaid/page boys sorted in good time. Can you believe the shops are stocking winter dresses already!! i am currently making my party invites but have taken some time out to catch up with you fellow brides to be!

How are things with you other sri lankan brides?

Q for you - How are you travelling with your dress and what airline?