Forum home Weddings abroad

How to word invitations for a wedding abroad?

I know this topic has been covered before as I remember reading a brilliant piece of text for her invitation written by another Bride a few months back which included loads of details etc about the trip, but do you think I can find that thread? Of course not!

I want to invite our friends and family to our wedding on a cruise but I want to make it clear we understand they might not be able to come because of financial costs etc!

Has anyone else written something similar?

And what was the response that you got from those you send invites to? Was it mainly positive with many acceptances, or lots of declines?

Any help would be FAB! Thanks!

• vikkiewebbvikkiewebb Posts: 26
    Hi i looked on here a while ago and someone had a post which was like the below i used this for my wedding invites

We really hope you will be able to join us in ...... on the ............ to help us celebrate our marriage, however we do appreciate this is a huge ask and may not be possible for some.

The Wedding ceremony will be held in ..................... at ......... and this will be followed by an evening reception.

We depart London Gatwick on ............ and will be staying in the..................... for .... nights we will then depart ......... as Mr & Mrs ......... on the ..............................

For those of you that are unable to join us in .................. we will be holding an evening reception once we are back in the UK and we hope you can join us there to celebrate with us.

We really hope you can join us in Mexico and make our day as memorable as possible.

Reference number for Thomas Cook................................................................
  • This is our 'save the date' wording, we've not done full invites yet image

---------------------------------

We -d love you to join us in Paphos, Cyprus on XXXX to help us celebrate our marriage.

We wanted to give you as much notice as possible, as we'd love you to share our day.

As we'll be booking our reception soon we would be very grateful if you could let us know as soon as you can if you're booked or plan to book.

The wedding venue doesn't have accommodation so feel free to book whichever accommodation you fancy in Kato Paphos. We're staying at the XXX if you'd like to join us.

Transport will be provided On the day & closer to the time we'll confirm further details.

We both really hope to see you in Cyprus for a

relaxing holiday in the sun & to make our wedding day as memorable as possible.

Love,

Us
  • Yeah Vikkiewebb you went with the wording I suggested! image