Forum home Weddings abroad

Mexico weddings

Hi me and my H2B are hoping to marry in mexico in 2013 and are thinking of using thompson. Just wondered if any of you are planning on or have been married in mexico and also if anyone has any feedback on using thompson when booking their wedding abroad ! image

• 11nov1111nov11 Posts: 366
    i got married in mexico image

we booked with tropical sky!

check out my other topics for my photos!!
  • vikkiewebbvikkiewebb Posts: 26
    Im getting married in May 2012 going to the Moon Palace. Have booked with Thomas Cook though. Where are you looking at getting married?
  • beckyboo84beckyboo84 Posts: 15
    Hi we are going to the Riu palace Mexico in Playcar. How are you getting on with Thomas cook ?
  • beckyboo84beckyboo84 Posts: 15
    How was your day ?

Where abouts in Riviera Maya did you marry ? We are thinking of the Riu palace Mexico
  • vikkiewebbvikkiewebb Posts: 26
    We only booked the holiday with Thomas Cook we didnt book the wedding, they put me off to be honest, i went in and asked and they didnt really help i got told someone would call me back but they didnt then when i rang the lady said you will be best booking direct with the hotel as thomas cook wont prioritize my wedding!! So with that i contacted Moon Palace and with in 1 week i booked my date got my contract signed and paid for it. Would honestly not trust Thomas cook with my wedding i have heard so many bad reviews about them. My mums friend got married in Cyprus and they didnt get the correct location or food. xx
  • Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    The Palaces are supposed to be the best RIU's. Sister in Law and Husband honeymooned in the RIU Palace, the one in Cancun. They loved it, good mix of relaxation and lively. I am looking at Karisma Hotels for maybe a belated honeymooon and are torn between the RIU Palace and somewhere like the El Dorado Royale Casitas xx
  • KerryLouWKerryLouW Posts: 53
    We're just about to book for next year with Thomas Cook to get married at Sandos Caracol (we went on holiday there 5yrs ago and loved it). I've spoken to the wedding team on the phone, they were lovely and really put my mind at ease about a few things. But I know my luck, if anything can go wrong it probably will image