Silk flowers!! Information needed....

Hiya,

I am getting married aboard next year July and have seen there flowers over there and they only have plastic flowers that look very dated... so we was thinking to bring our own silk flowers over there, is this ok to do on the plane? and does anyone know of any good suppliers who make silk flowers??

• claireo5claireo5 Posts: 64
    Hi, I'm also thinking about silk flowers and will most likely use silk blooms.co.uk, they have some lovely arrangements. My plan, if I can, is to have them shipped to Italy before the wedding rather than taking them on the plane. However my friend recently got married in Cyprus and she just took them in her case.

Hope this helps x
  • dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635
    Hi there

I am a florsit who has now moved over to silk floral designs, many of my customers are brides who are marrying abroad. Yes its absolutley fine to take them on the plane. I offer a bespoke service so tailor make an order, if you would like a free consulation please just let me know, or you can email me

[email protected]

Happy planning

Regards

Dionne
  • MrsNunwaMrsNunwa Posts: 599
    Quoted:
    Hi there I am a florsit who has now moved over to silk floral designs, many of my customers are brides who are marrying abroad. Yes its absolutley fine to take them on the plane. I offer a bespoke service so tailor make an order, if you would like a free consulation please just let me know, or you can email me [email protected] Happy planning Regards Dionne

Hi Dionne,

I would be interested, I will email u.

staci
    Hi claire05,

I will have a look at the website u recommended thanks, are you taking over flowers just for the bridal party or for the centrepieces aswell?

staci x
  • I can second silkblooms. They are fantastic. I am taking just for bridal party and having real for centrepieces if that helps. I think I may post them there, but if not think they will be fine to take on the plane, that will be the bridesmaids job I think! x
    o wow thank u for the recommendation for the flowers i love the website, we have found the perfect centrepieces and we are going to get them delivered to barbados. Has anyone had these delivered to another country? as ive see it says 12pound to deliver aboard is this a fix price?

staci image
  • I can highly recommend http://www.angelsinteriors.co.uk/ which is where I got my bouquet and bridal party flowers from. They are amazing and absolutely brilliant service....
  • oooh just looked....beautiful xxx
  • dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635
    Hi i have sent you a pm Mrs2be2012, giving you my web address and i little info about what i do, consultations etc.

Have a great day everyone!

Dionne
  • pminxypminxy Posts: 320
    Thanks for all the recommendations ladies, I did not know where to start to look!! xxxx