Cyprus Yacht wedding

Hi Girls

Well I think I have finally decided to get married on the sea star yacht in Cyprus I was just wondering (havent really spoken to people about it yet) what people thought about it and if anyone has got married or thinking about choosing this for their wedding.

Just looking for some opinions really , we are getting married while its docked then going for a two hour crusie with champagne and canapes then when we dock we will get the wedding bus to beach taverna for dancing and meze

What do you think?

Thanks

Laura x

• I went to a wedding on the Sea Star in Paphos earlier this year image

They had their ceremony just as you're planning, docked at he harbour, then we set sail, had drinks and then had the meal on the yacht moored out at sea, then we came back again into the harbour and had a disco on the top deck where the ceremony had been image

Which beach taverna are you planning for the meal and dancing, is it one along the harbour? I might have been there when we were in Paphos!
  • laurad27laurad27 Posts: 59
    Hiya

Thanks so much for your reply, it is the sea star we are going on is it nice? x what was the ceremony like

Ill probably ask about fifty questions now do you know how many people where on board the yacht with you? I am not sure of the tavernas name but it is beach side Ill try and find this out,

I appreicate your reply image

Laura x
  • Yep, the yacht is lovely image

They had about 35 guests there and a few children. The only thing was with the ceremony being outside, I personally couldn't hear everything, it being on the harbour the wind tends to carry I think which was a shame as I couldn't hear much, particularly of the reading that was done

Later on for the speeches before the meal they had mics and that worked great
  • Is that through Exclusive Yacht Weddings?
  • MrsCorbettMrsCorbett Posts: 677
    Hi

I cant recommend Exclusive Yacht Weddings enough, we had orginally booked our wedding on the Ocean Flyer but having changed my mind we are now having a party 2 days before our wedding now on the Sea Star, so everyone can meet each other and mingle before the big day.

The service they provide is excellent very prompt to emails, are more than happy to meet you in person and they also go to the national wedding show in London and Birmingham.

• Quoted:
    Hi I cant recommend Exclusive Yacht Weddings enough, we had orginally booked our wedding on the Ocean Flyer but having changed my mind we are now having a party 2 days before our wedding now on the Sea Star, so everyone can meet each other and mingle before the big day. The service they provide is excellent very prompt to emails, are more than happy to meet you in person and they also go to the national wedding show in London and Birmingham. x

Was it Matt helping you? We had used him when we had our wedding last year, but he was working for Thomas Cook. He was fab - couldn't do enough to help us. Very highly recommended.
  • laurad27laurad27 Posts: 59
    No I have booked it though my wedding planner Helen @ medweds but I think she has gone through exclusive yacht weddings.

We are not having our reception on seastar just the ceremony and then a two hour cruise with champagne and then to a taverna for a meze

Will be paying the deposit tomorrow very scary
  • dee2ukdee2uk Posts: 635
    Hi

I was in Paphos earlier this year and had a look at the yachts, there was one wedding in there at the time and it looked beautiful. Im sure you will have an amazing day..all sounds great what you have planned x
  • Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    I have spoken to them in the past and they are helpful.

Exclusive Yacht Weddings own the Sea Star. Laura have you emailed them direct for a price? Just wondering what the difference would be on price. You are going through a planner, but in a way they are planners in themselves.

Just a thought - have you looked at their website and facebook page xx