How many Cuban Brides 2 Be left to get married?

Hi all cuban brides (past, present & future)

With Ems2 married in May & NikiP married yesterday, I was wondering how many Cuban Brides 2 Be are left. Congratulations to you both!

I know CubanBride is getting married in August - is she the next cuban bride 2 be getting married? Or is there someone before her. :\?

I am getting married 17th Sept 07 at Playa Pesquero image

Please tell us when & where you are getting married in Cuba so we can see how many of us are left!!! image

[Modified by: exitedbride2b on 21 June 2007 17:23:22 ]

• jobabyukjobabyuk Posts: 366
    Hi there,

I'm still here, we don't get married til 14 feb 08, at melia cayo guillermo, i can't wait!!!!

Jo x
  • burcaffburcaff Posts: 386
    Thanks for the mention....really appreciate it...

I want to wish those of you still planning your beautiful weddings in Cuba all the luck in the world...

If you need anything...let me know

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh.....whilst we were staying in Cayo Coco, we spent a day at the beach at Melia Cayo Guillermo..... great place ! beach like no other....fantastic pool area & amazing Italian restaurant !!!

Emma Xxxxxx
    Emma thanks so much for letting me know that, nerves are gettin to me abit now as not spoke to anyone who has been xxx

thanks hun... did anyone get married while you was there? x
  • lisajwoodslisajwoods Posts: 12
    Hi, I am still here too! countdown is getting faster now though! we are getting married in Varadero in december 07 hopefully on the 18th!?!

Hi Derbyshire, where abouts in varadero are you getting married, my friend got married there last September?

Jo x
  • Yup...

I think I am the next Cuban bide!

We fly out on the 5th August and get wed on the 10th...then home on the 20th! When I shall be busy on here telling you all about it!

5 weeks and 6 days till we fly......wow, how exciting!

x cb x
    Are you nervous cuban bride, hav3e you got everything organised

Jo x
  • Hi jobaby,

Im very excited at the moment...not nervous yet! But I'm sure the nerves will start to kick in a bit nearer the time!!

I have everything sorted for the wedding...just bits to do for the reception on 8th September back home, but I have 2 and a half weeks to sort it all when I get back!

x cb x
    hi cb,

Yeah we left 3 weeks inbetween us getting back and our reception, i think we'll def need that bit of time, plus it gives me time to get my dress cleaned ready to show it of again...

i got my first fitting of it tomorrow, it shouldn't have arrived until november!

Jo x
  • Hey Jobaby,

My sister came back from her wedding abroad and had a party the next day!! She was so tired, she was clock watching and didn't enjoy it half as much as she should've done....I certainly wasn't going to make the same mistake!!

The dress will as you say probably need cleaning in between anyway!

I had one fitting a couple of weeks ago but decided to wait to have it taken in until the very last possible date because I am still trying to lose weight.. so my fitting date is on the 9th July!!

Then after that I have to go back on the 20th July to check it's all fitting correctly, then I will pick it up on Friday the 3rd August...we go to the hotel on the 4th and fly out on the 5th!!

Hope your fitting went well today?? come back and tell us you are still in love with your dress!!

x cb x

HI CB,

WELL JUST GOT BACK FROM DRESS FITTING AND YES, I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH MY DRESS, IT'S PERFECT AND THE ONLY ALTERATIONS NEEDED WILL BE ABOUT 1/2 INCH OF THE HEM, I'M JUST HOPING I DON'T LOOSE WEIGHT FROM NOW TIL FITTING... HAVE YOU BOUGHT YOUR DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE SO YOU CAN WORK TOWARDS FITTING INTO IT?

JO XXX
    HI CB,

WELL JUST GOT BACK FROM DRESS FITTING AND YES, I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH MY DRESS, IT'S PERFECT AND THE ONLY ALTERATIONS NEEDED WILL BE ABOUT 1/2 INCH OF THE HEM, I'M JUST HOPING I DON'T LOOSE WEIGHT FROM NOW TIL FITTING... HAVE YOU BOUGHT YOUR DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE SO YOU CAN WORK TOWARDS FITTING INTO IT?

JO XXX
  • Hey Jo,

So glad your fitting went well! blimey 1/2" off the hem I needed about 2 feet off mine hee hee!!

No I didn't buy my dress in a smaller size, I brought it to fit me at the time, Doh! Just incase I didn't lose weight but have lost 37.5 lbs!!

It needs lots of taking in but the seamstress said it's not a problem at all...she has never let a dress get the better of her yet!

Have you a pic off your dress?? I have probably looked at it before on a post somewhere but my memory is appaling!

x cb x
    wow thats great!!!!!!!!!!

http://store.tjformal.com/asp/product.asp?categoryid=&catalogid=9035,

here you go. if you email me i'll send you it on me...

Jo x

• lisajwoodslisajwoods Posts: 12
    hi jobaby

We are getting maried at the iberostar in varadero,

Just got insurance sorted out with travel agent and talked other half into wearing a suit instead of shorts!! is there many in your party going with you? We have just had a change of heart in a reception for when we get back, we managed to get one sorted for 3 weeks after we get back too, but that was cause of christmas in between i think.!

lisa x
  • Hi Derbyshireb2b,

We only have 6 people at our wedding and that includes the 2 of us, our 2 teenagers and my sis and bruv in law!

We are having a huge reception party 18 days after our return....gives me time to get my dress cleaned if it needs it too!

x cb x
    hi lisa,

well glad to hear about husband 2 b wearing a suit for ya, i'm really looking forward to the reception when we get back...

How many have you got going away with ya,

Jo x
  • Going to see & try on my dress today...really excited by it!!

When & what time is everyone getting married at?

We get married 10 weeks on Monday at 4pm (Cuban time)...this means we fly out in 9 weeks and 4 days!!!

[Modified by: exitedbride2b on July 24, 2007 12:13 AM]
    we're gettin married 14th feb at 4 pm, i'm excited for ya chick lol..

good look with dress take some pick for us,

Jo x
  • went to try on my dress yesterday & fell in love with it again! Forgot to take my camera though! DOH! Took couple pics with mobile. Going for 1st fitting on 18th the girls in shop think need it taking in at sides...which means i lost some weight since first ordering it in Jan and i didnt try.
  • ripper_diripper_di Posts: 14
    Hi everyone,

I get married in cuba in 36 days and i'm starting to get really excited, does anyone know what currency to take to cuba because I'm very confused because some people say you can't take anything american into Cuba but then it says you can pay for things in dollars, can anyone confirm what is best to take

thanks
    Hi julie,

i was also told nothing american,

hope this helps

Jo x
  • Hi,

I have been to Cuba before and you definitely can't take american dollars. You actually can't even use american credit cards either so make sure you do have an English one!

You are best to just take sterling, I think all the hotels have their own currency exchange banks/ places.

Julie s where do you get married in Cuba? I am getting married in 30 days time in cuba too.....wow, it's so exciting!!

x cb x

• burcaffburcaff Posts: 386
    Julie,

I got married in Cuba in May & as CB stated, its best to take sterling with you....

no cards will be accepted that are affiliated with American banks i.e. MBNA, American express....

Emma
    Hi cb

I got married at the playa costa verde in playa resquero, how about you? have you got your dress and everything organised?

Its coming round so fast!!
  • Hi,

Yeah all the big things are sorted now just getting together the last bits and pieces and having the last dess fittings etc......

Im just so excited, as you must be too! The nerves haven't even started yet, but i've been told they'll come!

Wow...I fly out in 24 days...eeeek! I have the hen night to contemplate first!! mmmm....I dunno what they are doing with me it's the biggest kept secret in Harwich at the moment, everyone knows apart from lil old me!

How are your plans coming on? You all sorted too?

x cb x

My hen do is on the 28th July and we're doing an aerial assault course then having a cocktail party with a naked butler!! My dress just needs one small alteration now so nearly all sorted.

Which hotel are you staying at?
  • We are staying at The Paradisus Rio de Oro

here you go: http://cheznjon.weddingpath.com there's a link to it on my wedding path.

We are going here again as we have been before and had such a fab time in 2005 it was a place we knew to be guarenteed a super wedding!

mmmm yum your hen night sounds cool!!

x cb x
  • Cuban Bride....your getting closer to flying out to your Cuban paradise now. How you feeling about everything? Love your weddingpath it look great & cant wait to see the weding pics!