getting married in montecatini

can somebody tell me how i would go about organising a civil wedding for my fiance and myself - what are the wedding planners like? it would be for the two of us only....

thanks anna image

• Hi,

We got married in Italy in September this year and I have to say Italy was such a brilliant choice, we had the most amazing day! It sounds like you might be looking for something similar as I think Montecatini is near where we were - we got married at Pieve De Pitti, Terricciola (an absolutely stunning venue with amazing views and a relaxed atmosphere). I did start by getting in touch with some wedding planners in Italy by email who offered packages for different kinds of weddings in Italy i.e. castle, tuscan countryside etc. We then got a recommendation from a friend who knew 2 girls who have just set up a business helping British people get married in Italy. We contacted them and their price and service seemed much better so we went with them. They were great, and what was really good was that one of the girls lives in the UK so she came to our house a few times to discuss what we wanted and to talk through options, and the other girl lives in Italy, so when we went out to Italy to see the venue, meet the caterers, florist, musicians etc. she arranged a few days of appointments with them and then met us and did all the translating, negotiating etc. We did feel that with her there we got a much better service from everybody and we came home so excited about the big day! Both girls were with us in Italy for a few days before the wedding and on the day. There were so creative, making lanterns for us to hang from trees, and then set up the place beautifully - we literally didnt have to worry about a thing on the day. Anyway, we would recommend them to anyone looking to get married in Italy - they have a website if you want to take a look www.myitalianweddingplanner.com.

If you want to know more let us know.

Alex & Tom
  • we want to get married next June in Lucca with a legal wedding outdoors and i would like to recommend my wedding planner

She has found so many alternatives to help us save money and made sure we are totally prepared and organised for our wedding!! (our wedding is very cheap)

I'm not sure wether I can name the company on here, but if you want to email me direct i can let you know her details.

if you need any more info let me know image

Good luckimage