Lake Garda Wedding - Evening Entertainment??

Hi All,

Wondered if I could ask advice about how to entertain guests after meal in a restaurant?

Gwen says we can only have a band/disco if we have exclusive use of restaurant, but there are only 25 of us, so wouldn't be economical!!

I am REALLY worried that we will all end up bored if I don't organise something, but I am stumped! image

PLEASE HELP

We can't do anything at the hotel as it is a tiny family run place with no function room/area for private parties!!!

:\?:\?:\?

• melanierice1melanierice1 Posts: 1,966
    Hiya

Not sure if this will help but I am getting married in Malcesine in August and we are having around 40 people at a restaurant. We are putting music on an i-pod and the restaurant are playing it through their speakers. It's free and allows us to have all the music we love.

Where's your reception??

xxx
  • Darrell_SDarrell_S Posts: 53
    Hi mrstobe,

Do you have exclusive use of the restaurant or are they happy to do it with other guests there?

We have provisionally booked Garda town hall for the wedding and Gwen is looking in to restaurants in the town................

So many silly little things that occur to you at random moments, eh?

Malcesine is great, have you visited at all?

C x
  • melanierice1melanierice1 Posts: 1,966
    Hiya - yes we have exclusive use - think we needed 35 guests to secure this, but I'm sure that would depend on the size of the restaurant. I'm sure Gwen could look into a smaller restaurant.

I know all about silly things occurring at ridiculous times - with less than two months to go it seems to be 4am for me most nights image

Yes I've been to Malcesine last year and loved it despite constant rain, which of course is not going to happen on my big day (just another one of those 4am worries!!).

I hope you get things sorted out for Garda - let us know how you get on.

xxx
  • Hi Mrstobe,

Not long to go for you now............. still nothing sorted, Gwen is too busy with this summers weddings to sort it out - can't blame her for that really!!

Best of luck for your wedding - what is your first name so I can look for your pictures on Gwen's website!!

Clare x