Forum home Weddings abroad

Beachside Taverna Paphos

Hi Everyone

Bit of brain picking here and wondering if anyone knows the name of a restaurant in Paphos it is situated along the road to Coral bay and I think they may do quite a few weedings, I am thinking of booked it for my reception but can only find it called "BEACHSIDE TAVERNA" and wondered if anyone has had their wedding here or will be and if they know the name. I hope the pictures help

The link is

http://www.medwedsltd.com/newReceptionsBeachsideTaverna.htm

Thanks

Laura x x

• Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    I know that place. It was on our list of reception places, it was right next to our hotel - Atlantica Golden Beach.

Reason we didn't go for it, was it wasn't very pretty from the outside and quite away from Paphos itself, but inside it looks lovely.

I think it was something like Vardas Beach Restaurant xx
    Its definitely Vardas, the guy there is called George xx
  • Thanks so much, is it a bit scruffy on the outside??

Only we get married on a yacht then onto a restaurant and this is one of the ones my wedding planner offered to us.

Anyone got any other recommendations? is it really far?
    Its not that close to Paphos Harbour, I could think of nicer places. Its nice inside and you have views of the sea, but its kind of next to nothing much and the area round is a bit on the scruffy side, especially if you are in a yacht.

What about Ficardos I have heard good reviews about that, and I would think its closer xx
  • I havent heard great things about ficardos I have heard they double book quite a lot as its quite big venue and I really dont want my reception shared with another bride.

I am putting on a bus anyway for my guests so when I go their in a few months might check it out then thanks for all you help girls image
  • 2bmrsb2bmrsb Posts: 39
    It is Vardas, we used it for our reception and had a great time, wouldnt have changed anything. There is a lovely grassed area leading on to the beach, gorgeous sunset for photos, food was good and very reasonable and the staff very accomodating. Wouldn't recommend it though for more than 40 people for a sit down meal, would be crampt. Can send you some photos if you give me our email address?
    Meant to say that know people who have been to a reception at Ficardos and they didnt think it was up to much, very disappointed.
  • We wanted the meze our maximum is 50 do you think this is to cramped?

I really like the look of it if you can send me some pictures that would be great e-mail is [email protected]
    Our wedding table setup is on Vardas website (green and white theme)and to be fair I guess we could have fitted 2 more tables of 8 in that would have brought the numbers up to 45 and added 2 more on the top table but I think that would have been the max.

We paid 31 Euros a head 2 years ago for the meze which was lovely and just kept on coming and coming.

Try this link for some pics

https://picasaweb.google.com/117706985817261452257/Vardas?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOvj77LV0oNz&feat=directlink