Invitations for party back home

Hi,

I am ordering some invitations for our party that we are having back in the UK...but really havent got a clue what to put on them?! Wedding reception just doesn't sound right...I had put the title as 'Wedding party invitation' but it sounds a bit weird, what has other people done?

Thanks,

Rhiannon

• i think im just going to label it party time!

then something like

Gemma and Michael would like you to join them to celebrate their recent marriage blah blah blah

im making mine so can do whatever wording i want really
  • Our invitations complimented our passport invitations and were perfect for the day. We have had so many great comments about them- they are truly amazing.

• I would recommend the following which is what I use quite a lot for my customers:

Rhiannon Shaw and David Beckham

are pleased to announce that we will be married in Jamaica in April 2012

We would love for

to join us for an evening reception when we return as husband and wife

at

Smiths Golf Club, Leicester

on the

21st April 2012

from 7.00pm until Midnight
  • ooh thats good pearlywhirly!
  • Hi there image

We've just had our postcard style invites printed and used the following wording;

(Groom) and (Bride) together with their parents are pleased to announce their wedding in (destination) on (date).

We would love for you to celebrate with us on our return home as Husband & Wife on (date) at (venue).

Hope this helps!

Just under 4 months to go for us - all very organised and stress free! Getting married abroad is one of the best decisions we made!

Chelle 8) x
  • That's a good one too Cyprus Bride! Good luck with the wedding! x
  • We got ours from bunny delicious, beach themed ones as we are getting married in mauritius. the website is well worth a look, zoe the lady who makes them was very helpful with choosing the wording. x
  • Quoted:
    I would recommend the following which is what I use quite a lot for my customers: Rhiannon Shaw and David Beckham are pleased to announce that we will be married in Jamaica in April 2012 We would love for ______________________________________________________ to join us for an evening reception when we return as husband and wife at Smiths Golf Club, Leicester on the 21st April 2012 from 7.00pm until Midnight

David Beckham...if only!! image

Thanks for all your help girls...have ordered some postcards off 123Print, just put 'Chris and Rhiannon invite you to celebrate their wedding etc...', just need to get them all posted now! xx