Cost of affadavit for Cyprus wedding!

Hi brides...

In the process of obtaining an affadavit for our forthcoming wedding. Quotes for this are coming in at between £150-£200....does this seem high? I had read around and was expecting it to be much cheaper image

xx

• Hi mrs

Wow I cannot beleive that. I am getting married in June in Paphos so I have not yet priced it yet but I was told from other forums to expect no more than £40 so I would definately look around they need your business!!

how is your planning going XXXXX mines just getting there I am only starting to book things nowimage
  • CatK77CatK77 Posts: 44
    Hi MrsS2b2012,

We got our Affidavit's for Cyprus done last month & they cost us £105. I had expected them to be cheaper than this too but as it turned out this was the cheapest we found. Most of the other quotes we got were coming in at around £120 + vat!

As Pepperpot2B said its definately worth phoning around for some quotes.

Good luck image x
  • MrsS2be2012MrsS2be2012 Posts: 208
    Thanks Pepperpot & CatK... Just another added expense not budgeted for ooops! I will keep ringing around as it would be good to get nearer to the £100 mark.

I'm a June bride too, still planning but it's coming together now! I plan to write a week by week list this week with everything we still have to do as we will soon be down to single figure week numbers Eeeeeek!!

xx
  • mum2011mum2011 Posts: 212
    Hi, we looked into this and because you only need a solicitors stamp and business card, the solicitor can do this for you-not a notary. So therefore, we got quoted £5 per affadavit and £2 per attachment. We rung loads of places who quoted us £100+ but that is if a notary was to do it. Take your drawn up copy of your affadavit to the solicitor. Make an appt first though.
  • Hi, we just had ours done at a cost of £5 each, orginally they did quote £150, but when they realised I already had it prepared( our wedding planner sent me an exmple and I just changed the names etc)we just made an appointment to sign and stamp it and it was done, as said before make sure you get a business card from your solictor and it says solictor on it, as ours said Partner and they wouldn't except it, thankfully our solictor managed to find an old card that said solictor so everything is now ok. Good Luck..x
  • Thanks for the help ladies would it be possible for you to send me your template that you took to the solicitors.

my e mail - [email protected]

thanks hope to hear from you soonimage
  • Quoted:
    Hi, we looked into this and because you only need a solicitors stamp and business card, the solicitor can do this for you-not a notary. So therefore, we got quoted £5 per affadavit and £2 per attachment. We rung loads of places who quoted us £100+ but that is if a notary was to do it. Take your drawn up copy of your affadavit to the solicitor. Make an appt first though.

We had a Notary do our for our 2010 Cyprus wedding & it cost £40 for the two of them. But definately ring around.
  • i have been told by my mum (she used to be a solicitor), to draw them up oursleves and just get them stamped and signed by a solicitor and it should not cost more than £10, dont know if thats any help to you

• Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    I looked into this too, and was also quoted anything from £80 - £400. I had a huge panic as had not budgeted for this.

However, then I spoke to a previous bride who married in Cyprus and some people out there.

You need to ask for them to witness a stat dec document being signed, and have a business card etc. When you ask for an affidavit, even though they call it that in Cyprus thats when a notary gets involved.

For a solicitor to witness a stat dec document being signed and counter sign/stamp it its £5 per document.

This is the standard price set by their regulatory board and should not be more than £5 per document, so £10 per couple.

We contacted a solicitors, they said we didnt need to make an appointment, just walk in, and wait xx
  • MrsS2be2012MrsS2be2012 Posts: 208
    Hi everyone... thanks for all your replies. You are all right, I made the mistake of mentioning notary so therefore the quotes were far higher than expcted. No I have confirmed with my planner and called the solicitors back, they have just made an appointment for us and quoted £10 per letter!Much happier now image

Thanks brides xx