Anybody booked a wedding in Skiathos, Greece?

Hiya,

I'm getting married on Skiathos Island this August and wondering if anybody else is also booked for this year or next?

Would be good to share ideas on what to take along / what to buy locally, things to plan in advance, decorations, favours ect!

Thanks!x

• Hi!

Iam getting married in skiathos at the Kassandra bay hotel on the 15 July 2012.

I am so excited.

x image
  • Hello!

Congratulations - it looks gorgeous; it's great to hear from another Skiathos Bride!

Have you been before? Do you have any tips at all? I've just been looking into all the little bits and bobs we can take along to make it extra nice! Have been reading about people sending thank you postcards whilst they're there to guests so they come home to them which I thought was a really sweet idea but now I'm really looking for more Skiathos-specific ideas like trips that can be used as thank you gifts or anything like that to get thinking of but can't seem to find any yet...if you have any links or tips would be so appreciated!

image x
  • Hi

Haven't been to skiathos before but looks amazing. Have been speaking via trip advisor to lots of brides that have been married there and have forward me lots of wedding pictures on the beach.Cant wait for my special day to come 3 months today. image

I have bought all the ladies silk fans in matching colour to my bridesmaids dresses and bought some of the men cigars.I have also purchased little ivory favour boxes which I will fill with Thorntons pink champagne truffles.

Also bought some puzzles to go on the wedding table and bubbles.Also bought each guest a scratch card with a scroll wrapped around each one thanking them for making this day so magical.

I think I may have gone a bit mad with buying things as I haven't really got a budget and just want this day to be so special.

Also bought my two bridemaids and two Paige boy gifts to just to say thank you.

I have found a great photographer who has a studio in skiathos in the town and has your prints ready for you to go home with by the end of your holiday.If you are interested just let me know and I will forward you the details?

It's so nice to hear from another skiathos bride.When you getting married and at which hotel you staying at?

Its amazing how the cost soon mounts up.I think I have spent nearly 30k already and still buying stuff.

x x image
  • Hello Claire, I hope you had a wonderful wedding!

My son is getting married at Kassandra Bay this August 2013, and would like to ask if you could forward to me the name and contact details of the photographer you used, and also if you were happy with your photos.

We stayed at the hotel in 2010 just for a holiday and loved it there, that's how they came to want to book their wedding there...

Thank you

Stephanie

• Hiii!

I'm getting married on 9th September and I can't wait!!! Eeep!!!

I've been 4 times before now and have just fallen in love with the island! It's gorgeous!

Would be great to share ideas and just to have fun planning!!! image x x x
  • larlarlarlar Posts: 1

Hi ladies I'm also getting married in sept .... Really excited but we have never been and taking about 20 guests with us I would really appreciate advise on photographers, flowers bridal bouquets and venues for reception!!! Lots of questions....thanks

• Lauren Whitworth is a New York based makeup artist but spends the summer in Skiathos.... www.laurenwhitworth.com [email protected]

• Tamara13Tamara13 Posts: 4

I have booked with Lauren Whitworth for my 2017 wedding makeup. She is English which helps a lot and she is really experienced. Quite a celeb I think as she works in NYC for the rest of the year. And she isn't actually that expensive. Really reasonable. I think she is the best option and I've done a LOT of research! Haha! [email protected] www.skiathosmakeup.com - her Facebook page is just SkiathosMakeUp