Anyone getting married in Rhodes, Greece

Hello everyone a newbie image

I had to join in as im full to bursting with excitement for my wedding in Rhodes in 2013. eeek cant wait image

Just want to know if there are any other brides to be getting married in Rhodes or Greece? Who are you booking with? and do you have any tips, advice or recommend anything?

Look forward to getting to know you all and happy planning to you all image

• 81B2B81B2B Posts: 73
    Me! We're getting married this July in Lindos, booked with Lindos Weddings (Karen & Laurence). Have you booked yours yet? X
  • Me!!! We're getting married at St Paul's bay in Lindos in summer 2013! I'm soooo excited! We booked through Ionian Weddings. Seems so far away at the moment tho!!
    Hi LindosBride!

How are your plans coming along?? Did you manage to work out getting to your reception?? Our wedding is three months on Thursday! Getting really close now, very excited! Xx
  • Hi,

We are getting married at St Paul's bay on 25th May...6 weeks on Friday!! Am so excited...starting to feel the nerves now though!!

We have booked through Lindos Weddings...they have been fab!! We went out there last year and if you can afford to at all I'd recommend it, we had a reception venue in our head that I'd seen online but when we saw it it wasn't suitable at all and we found one whilst we were there that is much better.

Any other questions just message me am happy to help! image xx
    Hi Rhiannon,

Where are you having your reception? We are having ours at Nefeli. We went out to Rhodes on holiday last year too and had a look round all the venues etc, was invaluable to be able to check out all of the options in person and also just to know distances and what would be possible to walk or not/etc. I have been there before but wasn't looking at it from a wedding point of view!

As Rhiannon said any questions just ask! I know I've had loads for Karen and we've been there!

xx
  • MeMe141MeMe141 Posts: 22
    Me too! We're are getting married at the Atrium Prestige on september 10th image can't wait. We have used the hotels own wedding planner and she has been fantastic! x
  • Quoted:
    Hi LindosBride!

How are your plans coming along?? Did you manage to work out getting to your reception?? Our wedding is three months on Thursday! Getting really close now, very excited! Xx

Wow...I bet you can't wait! I want to see photos when it's all done so make sure you do a wedding report! I think we've decided on a champagne cruise to pick us up from the jetty and take us round to the taverna. I have so many questions for my wedding planner! I've just emailed to see if we can have a chat at some point this week!
  • Quoted:
    Hi,

We are getting married at St Paul's bay on 25th May...6 weeks on Friday!! Am so excited...starting to feel the nerves now though!!

We have booked through Lindos Weddings...they have been fab!! We went out there last year and if you can afford to at all I'd recommend it, we had a reception venue in our head that I'd seen online but when we saw it it wasn't suitable at all and we found one whilst we were there that is much better.

Any other questions just message me am happy to help! xx

We have already booked our ceremony and reception venue. Do you still think it would be worth a trip there first? I'm a bit in two minds. We want to go somewhere Greek for a holiday this year and I was toying with the idea of going to Lindos to check everything out in advance but then I'm worried it might ruin the magic of seeing it all for the first time when we go for our wedding! Hmmmmmm
  • Quoted:
    Hi Rhiannon,

Where are you having your reception? We are having ours at Nefeli. We went out to Rhodes on holiday last year too and had a look round all the venues etc, was invaluable to be able to check out all of the options in person and also just to know distances and what would be possible to walk or not/etc. I have been there before but wasn't looking at it from a wedding point of view!

As Rhiannon said any questions just ask! I know I've had loads for Karen and we've been there!

xx

We're also using Nefeli!!! What can you tell me about the venue? How is it set out? What sort of a feel does it have to it? What is the food like? Any info would be much appreciated!!!
    LindosBride

We knew we wanted a beach setting and originally were set on skala before we went but it turned out the space wouldn't work for our 40 guests (too long and narrow). Nefeli on the other hand is perfect - a big square space with a separate round area which will be the dance floor and s really cute little bar too. We loved it - quite rustic and traditional which was perfect for us. The tables are set out with top table facing the sea and then tables of 6 adjacent, we will have 5/6 tables. Or you could have u shaped too. Fom the seating area are a few steps down straight onto the beach with fab views of the village and acropolis - will heap pretty at night all lit up!

The manager is lovely and made us feel confident in our choice! Have you had a look at the YouTube video?? Loads of great pics. Although quite rustic looks gorgeous dressed, the space, views and beach great. Also love the way the seating area, bar and dance area all next to eachother.

Very excited now! Will def share our pics (will help with wedding comedown!!) image
  • Do you know if the dance area is private? We will be paying about 950 euros for Greek music and Greek dancers for the night...don't want a load of randoms ruining the fun!
    We don't have exclusivity at the venue, it's just the Greek way - more the merrier! However, because it is at the far end of the beach and not in the centre of the village our wedding planner has said there isn't likely to be many other people there. The dance floor area isn't normally a dance floor but a seating area for diners so I wouldn't imagine anyone will head there to dance anyway! Xx
  • MrsH2013MrsH2013 Posts: 842
    Hey! I'm a lindos bride too! Getting married at St Dimitrios next June! So excited!

I haven't been to lindos before and we're not going out before hand so I'm relying on forums etc for reception venue ideas!

So far we love melenos ( but it's right next to our chapel so we won't be able to have our planned champagne cruise image )

Kavos mare and Philosophia in Pefkos - both quite rustic, have a garden setting with great views but no sure on layout or exclusivity (sp?!)

And finally Kyma which is also in Pefkos. A bride on here recommended this place to me and sent me loads of really helpful advice ( I forgot to reply though sorry!!)

It looks quite modern which is more h2bs style!

Sorry I've just hijacked this thread abit oops! image
  • MeMe141MeMe141 Posts: 22
    MrsH2013 I can also recommend Kyma in pefkos, We stay in pefkos every year. Its a beautiful setting where the restaurant is situated and the food is to die for, Quite expensive but totally worth it! image xx
    Another Lindos bride - yey! I've been to Kyma, lovely - really stylish and chic. Also been to philosophia, much more rustic I would say quite cute, the space is just one round area - would be lovely if you had to yourself, top of the cliff overlooking the beach. Not been to Kavos but read good things about it image

Love st dimitrios and melanos soon nice, we decided against it as couldn't have a dj unless we hired the whole place and we really want a party atmosphere - cant upset anyone at Nefeli! X
    Both, thanks for the advice, it's really helpful to hear from people who have already been there! I love the look of kyma but I've always imagined an outside setting with fairy lights and lanterns in the trees etc! Maybe Ill email philosophia and see how many people I'd need so we can have it to ourselves!

I heard about the no music thing at melenos, it's such a shame as its a stunning looking venue but I'd like abit of music and noise and we def couldn't afford to hire it all out! Maybe we'll have a fancy meal there after the wedding as a treat!

If anyone doesn't mind me asking, roughly how much are people paying per head at their venues? Just want to get an idea! X
  • ozzukozzuk Posts: 3
    Hello ! I am going to hijack too..

Nefeli is a great Venue, as mentioned before not exclusive but as it is mostly a daytime taverna that serves the beach nobody heads down that way in the evening. The food is great we had the Lamb and there is so much of it , the taverna is rustic Greek and looks completely different during the day but once it is decorated for a wedding you would not believe it is the same place.. for a DJ,greek dancers and space to dance you cant beat it

Melanos is stunning and a very special venue don't let the music situation put you off as you can still go there for dinner and then move to a venue after, this would not happen here but it works in Lindos as the village is very compact.

All three mentioned in Pefkos are great but each has their own rules on exclusive use depending on minimum spend/time of year and number of guests.

If you are looking for a traditional venue with charm (fairly lights lanterns etc!) you cant go wrong with Odyssea, it is an old captains house with a stunning courtyard, this can be an exclusive area for 40-50 and has room for a DJ/dancers. it is open air and has a lemon tree over where the top table would be this can be used for the fairly lights ! Another great venue is Medeast .. he offers exclusive use and the views are the best in the village ...

My advice is wait for your consultation with your planner before making your final choice but of course it is fun to look!

Any questions let me know I will try to help!

• Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Hi, We are getting married at St Paul's bay on 25th May...6 weeks on Friday!! Am so excited...starting to feel the nerves now though!! We have booked through Lindos Weddings...they have been fab!! We went out there last year and if you can afford to at all I'd recommend it, we had a reception venue in our head that I'd seen online but when we saw it it wasn't suitable at all and we found one whilst we were there that is much better. Any other questions just message me am happy to help! xx
    We have already booked our ceremony and reception venue. Do you still think it would be worth a trip there first? I'm a bit in two minds. We want to go somewhere Greek for a holiday this year and I was toying with the idea of going to Lindos to check everything out in advance but then I'm worried it might ruin the magic of seeing it all for the first time when we go for our wedding! Hmmmmmm

I would recommend going out if you can...I'd found somewhere online which I really liked for the reception and when we saw it it wasn't suitable at all and wasn't anywhere near as nice as it looked in the photo's. It would be a shame to book somewhere without seeing it and being disappointed when you get there.

We have booked Odyssia for our reception now. It's so beautiful and romantic..having loads of candles on the tables and fairy lights in the lemon tree.

38 days today...can't wait! xxx
  • Quoted:
    Both, thanks for the advice, it's really helpful to hear from people who have already been there! I love the look of kyma but I've always imagined an outside setting with fairy lights and lanterns in the trees etc! Maybe Ill email philosophia and see how many people I'd need so we can have it to ourselves! I heard about the no music thing at melenos, it's such a shame as its a stunning looking venue but I'd like abit of music and noise and we def couldn't afford to hire it all out! Maybe we'll have a fancy meal there after the wedding as a treat! If anyone doesn't mind me asking, roughly how much are people paying per head at their venues? Just want to get an idea! X

Hi, I think we will end up paying 38 euros a head at Odyssia for a 3 course meal and half a bottle of wine per person. We are also going to put more money behind the bar for people. If you like the idea of the fairy lights etc Odyssia could be a good option...I have no idea how to upload pics on here but I could email you photo's if you like? xx
  • mollieAmollieA Posts: 15
    It is worth going but not everyone can make it. . If you have a good planner they will know what is good for your party. . If you do go and look at venues keep open mind and remember that all venues look different once decorated. . For example beach side taverns look totally different in the day if i had not seen nefeli numerous times decorated i doubt i would have booked it. . Same goes for most beach taverns during the day with people coming in and out. . Sand everywhere etc! look at the spare and the location and the food. . Remember if you want a beach location then you will not get an old lindian house. . . But as mentioned before odyssea is a brilliant venue. X
    Quoted:
    Hello ! I am going to hijack too..

Nefeli is a great Venue, as mentioned before not exclusive but as it is mostly a daytime taverna that serves the beach nobody heads down that way in the evening. The food is great we had the Lamb and there is so much of it , the taverna is rustic Greek and looks completely different during the day but once it is decorated for a wedding you would not believe it is the same place.. for a DJ,greek dancers and space to dance you cant beat it

Melanos is stunning and a very special venue don't let the music situation put you off as you can still go there for dinner and then move to a venue after, this would not happen here but it works in Lindos as the village is very compact.

All three mentioned in Pefkos are great but each has their own rules on exclusive use depending on minimum spend/time of year and number of guests.

If you are looking for a traditional venue with charm (fairly lights lanterns etc!) you cant go wrong with Odyssea, it is an old captains house with a stunning courtyard, this can be an exclusive area for 40-50 and has room for a DJ/dancers. it is open air and has a lemon tree over where the top table would be this can be used for the fairly lights ! Another great venue is Medeast .. he offers exclusive use and the views are the best in the village ...

My advice is wait for your consultation with your planner before making your final choice but of course it is fun to look!

Any questions let me know I will try to help!

I've seen Nefeli decorated for a wedding (online!) and it looks great so could be a contender!

(think I've read on here on somewhere that you can't use their jetty? I'm trying to plan a champagne cruise in!)

At the moment my heart is saying forget the champagne cruise, go to melenos for food as it looks do stunning and it's next to our venue so it feels right and then like you said move on somewhere to dance! A lady on the lindos weddings Facebook recommended the village cafe? I haven't googled it yet though!

I emailed philosophia about menus and exclusivity and they got back to me very quickly and were really helpful. Unfortunately they need 60 people to make it exclusive which is fair enough but I only have 35 and it restricts us slightly on what entertainment we can have!

I don't think we will make a final decision before our consultation, I think really we need to decide what are the most important things that we want for our wedding reception and decide that way! It's been great posting on here though as its given me new ideas and options so thank you!
  • ozzukozzuk Posts: 3
    Very strange my two posts came up as a different person!..

Yes that is correct the jetty at Nefeli is out of service.

The village cafe is lovely and that wold be exclusive perfect for your numbers too and just a few minuites from Melanos.

Remember you can always arrange the champagne cruise as a post/prewedding get together that works very well and does not restrict your wedding day.
  • emmabb2bemmabb2b Posts: 10
    Hi, getting married next year and using Exquisite Weddings - great company but I think most planners have a good report for what I've been reading

Having our reception at The Lindian Jewel - link below

http://www.lindianjewelweddingvenue.com/index.php

any questions, please feel free to ask

xx
  • Quoted:
    Hi, getting married next year and using Exquisite Weddings - great company but I think most planners have a good report for what I've been reading

Having our reception at The Lindian Jewel - link below

http://www.lindianjewelweddingvenue.com/index.php

any questions, please feel free to ask

xx

Hi everyone, I am looking at getting married in Rhodes and have no idea where to start. Emma, the lindian jewel looks beautiful, do you know what hotels are nearby?

Thanks
  • emmabb2bemmabb2b Posts: 10
    Hi, some of our guests have booked into The lindos mare hotel and there is another one on the beach front called Mare Blue I think

Both these hotel you can walked from the hotel to the Lindian Jewel. I also think the Lindian Jewel take bookings for accommodation but not 100% sure

I'm so pleased I booked this reception venue as it does look totally fab!

Good luck

• fawny2fawny2 Posts: 174
    There is loads of SC accommadation in Lindos & Pefkos all within easy reach. Lots of lovely taverns to try the real greek food at, there are plenty of places for your guests to stay that will suit all budget. It's a wondeful place.
  • I am now seriously considering Rhodes - St Pauls Bay, champaign boat ride to reception etc. Never been to Rhodes, but Lindos looks interesting, and I don't think I would get bored - its not just a 'beach' resort -still got to consider that its a holiday as well as a wedding.

I have been steering toward Ionian Weddings to book it through - any other recommendations? I think most companies offer the same packages, its just deciding whats good value etc.

Also been weighing up accommodation costs - seems there are some reasonably priced budget hotels and some nice luxury ones too for different budgets. Again any recommendations?

Thanks in advance image
    I looked at Ionian weddings as i liked how they had the full packages, however when I emailed I never received a response! I have seen other lindos brides recommending them so maybe my email just got lost! Weve booked our wedding through lindos weddings and have found them to be really helpful and informative so far! Price wise I'd say they were very competitive so I would choose the company who offers you the best advice and ideas that you want for your day!

I've not been to lindos either but I think it'll be a gorgeous place to get married and stay! What year are you getting married? Thomson and Thomas cook have just released holidays for next year and I think there's something for everyone's budget! We have no idea where to stay at the moment! Xx
  • fawny2fawny2 Posts: 174
    Hi,

We have booked our wedding through Lindos Weddings too www.lindosweddings.com they have been fab. We mailed a few planners & were really impressed with the info given by Karen & felt rally confident with them so booked it all with them. With them you get a UK consulation in the winter before your wedding & this lasts for about 3 hours. If you have never been before this is invaluable as you go through everything, see menu choose flowers everything! We have been going to Lindos & Pefkos for the last 6 years so know the place & knew what we wanted but we still found it a really great process.

Accommadation wise we always stay in Pefkos SC as would hate to stay in a hotel as would really miss out on getting a true taste for the place & so many wonderful places to eat, could not cope with meals in the same place everynight, but each to their own. We get married in Sept this year & are staying in the usual place in Pefkos & the we have booked in to the Melenos in Lindos for 3 nights after the wedding. We have a few people staying at the same place as us & then people are dotted about all over the place. Everyone seems to be flying out on the same day but are all staying for different lenghts of time, 7,10 & 14 days to suit their budgets.
    Where abouts in Pefkos are you staying fawny? Think we are swaying towards staying in Pefkos rather than Lindos. We normally go all inclusive but it seems sc is the way forward from what I've been reading! Just hoping we can get a good deal so we have more spending money image