Forum home Weddings abroad

PAPHOS BRIDE TO BE 2013

Hi all, I am Tea or as per my Greek name Theodora! I am now to this group. As I have origins from Cyprus, I have decided to get married in Paphos. Now I need your help, I have fallen in love with the beach gazebo of Kefalos beach but I also like Coral Beach hotel.. Also I am thinking of may be having a yacht wedding too.. I am so confused, can you help. I am thinking of going to Paphos this year to visit the area and decide but if any of you got any suggestions will be great! Also any reccomendations on wedding planners or photographers for these places will be great. Thank you all. Tea xx

• First of all congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. The next year will fly by.

I got married 18mths ago at Peyia Town Hall near to Paphos in the gardens. It is very quaint, picturesque and intimate.

We booked the wedding for that through a travel agent, but I used Stella at Zaffrons who is a wedding planner for our reception. We held our reception at Zaffrons which is a lovely venue. They decorated our tables & we had the Greek Dancers. Later we then had a 3hr coastal cruise around Paphos in a schooner. Stella sorted all this out for us. Herself & her husband Budge are a lovely couple. Nothing is too much trouble for them. They are a very professional team & are keen to make your day perfect for you. They reply promptly to emails & makes suggestions if you are unsure over anything.

If you want any more help just pm me.
  • I'm also using Stella from Zaffron weddings. We went out to meet her in September and visited Vasilias Nikoklis Inn, Ayii Anargyri and Coral Beach but settled on Ayii Anargyri for the ceremony and reception. Stella's has been so helpful.

There is another post on here - Cyprus (Paphos) brides 2013 where a lot of us have been sharing tips and ideas for suppliers etc

Lx
  • Thank you both for your kind reccomendations. I will have a look at the places you suggest althrought as I said I have fallen in love with the photos of Kefalos and Coral beach as I do want a beach wedding. I will have a look for Stella, who is your photographer? I like Marios Michaelides, Paphos photographer who are you having?
  • We are using Dimitri Katchis for photos, Renoir for hair and make up, love island cakes for cake, Danny mountain for entertainment, vip lounger for transport, we haven't sorted flowers yet - and as I said, Stella Virdi is our planner.

Good luck with it all image
  • We used PhotoPapis for the ceremony, & Stella for the reception shots. She isn't a professional, but she should be. Her photographs are ace & very reasonalby priced. Here's some she took.

• Thank you all. So lovely photos, oh I want to get married this year, I can't wait to be in Cyprus. I will have a loot at all contacts you have mentioned, thank you ever so much for your kind help.

xxxx
  • Cat_212Cat_212 Posts: 19
    Im getting married in St Georges in the Forest between Limassol and Paphos in May 2013. My planner is Alison at the wedding counsel
  • MelC4MelC4 Posts: 9
    We are using Christodoulou Photography((www.christodoulouphotography.com) for photos, also using Renoir for Hair(http://paphos-hairdresser.com/) & Karen Hall for make up (http://www.makeupbykarenhall.com/)

Coral Beach is beautiful!!

Good luck!
  • Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    I get married in 6 weeks.

Photographer - Dimitri Katchis

Cake - Love Island Cakes

Venue - Vasilias

Ceremony - Ayia Kyriaki Church

Entertainment - Danny Mountain

Hair & Make Up - Renoir

I love Kefalos, I went to see it last year. Elena is the Wedding Planner there and she is fab, so friendly and helpful. There is a facebook chat site, where she comes and helps brides, you should take a look.

I went to see Coral Beach, and whilst I did love one of the areas, they said our wedding would have to finish at 10pm. I wasnt happy about that, I think they move you inside after that time. We really didnt want that as felt it was so early.

We also found it to be a lot more expensive than our other choices. But down by the harbour the area is lovely.

Kefalos also feels quite private as the wedding areas are set back further away from sun bathing areas and quite spaced out as well xx
  • Thank you all again for all your help and contacts. Thanks Jokaty82 Kefalos looks really nice, I will contact this Elena I have read some many reviews mentioning her. I think their gazebo is so nice but then I like the location of Coral too!
  • NurseYatesNurseYates Posts: 472
    Hi,

I,m another Paphos bride May 2013, our plans so far,

Planner- Stella Virdi

Photography- Dimitri Katchis

Ceremony and reception- Vasilias

Cake- the cake lady

Transport- VIP Lounger

Dj- Danny Mountain

Hotel for holiday- Louis Ledra Hotel.

Andrea x
  • Hiya, I have contacted Elena from the Kefalos, you were right she is fab,ever so friendly and keen to help me. I am going to Paphos next month to visit the Kefalos and Coral. My family is more keen on the Kefalos as it is closer to Paphos and they love the area of a village style accommodation. Looks like I will go for the Kefalos but I will wait till I get there and then book. Thank you all for your help so far and your reccommendations.