Forum home Weddings abroad

My Beautiful, Sunny, Cypriot Wedding 28th May 2012

Well I do plan on doing a full report, but I thought I would share with you all a couple of photos of our big day as I loved seeing this when I was planning my own wedding,

This is my planning report, so will give you background:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/community/forums/thread/1633848?page=1

We got married in Paphos, Cyprus on 28th May 2012. We married at St. Pauls Pillar Church in the Centre of Paphos, and then had our reception at a place called Vasilias, which is up towards the hills about 25 minutes outside of Paphos. It was an amazing day, which flew by. The sun shone brightly although we did get a few drops of rain, which I didn't personally see but its supposed to be good luck. Here are some piccies!!

This is just as I had got to the altar in the church, I was so happy and excited to see everyone and my very smart groom!!!

This was after the ceremony, everyone wanted to see my shoes, including the photographer!! My fab (bubblegum) smelling Vivienne Westwood shoes!!

We then went off to the beachfront for some photos just the 2 of us while our guests made their way to Vasilias for welcome drinks.

Love this one. When I woke up I was gutted it looked cloudy, it wasnt too bad in the end, but the clouds in this photo really make for a dramatic scene!!

And this is at Vasilias, with our cake which was so tasty. My favourite were the cupcakes made with real Cyprus lemons!!

Will try and do a full report soon!!! xxx

• You look gorgeous!! Love the dress and the cake is awesome, hope my big day is as beautiful image
  • Omg help me!! Your wedding looks amazing!! Who did you book through? How much? Sorry if that's too nosey I am a stickler for knowing how much things will cost me!

Your dress is beautiful too!!!

Xxxx
  • Jokaty82Jokaty82 Posts: 1,908
    Quoted:
    Omg help me!! Your wedding looks amazing!! Who did you book through? How much? Sorry if that's too nosey I am a stickler for knowing how much things will cost me!

Your dress is beautiful too!!!

Xxxx

I organised the wedding myself. I got married in Church in Paphos, then Vasilias. I reckon the wedding part not including the holiday cost about 7 grand, which included dress, accessories, admin, decorations everything. But to be honest we didn't keep a budget tracker as such so this is a guesss. xxx
  • Wow! You dress is so scarily similar to mine with the one shoulder, the middle section & the bottom!

Only the top part looks different! Much more blingy, I love it! Hadn't seen many dresses like the one I chose so this was a nice surprise! Love love love your shoes! image
  • Cajo2013Cajo2013 Posts: 361
    You look gorgeous, and so happy! I adore your cupcakes and the photo with the clouds makes for a dramatic scene. Beautiful. Congratulations to you and the Mr x
  • My boyfriend and I have just booked our wedding for September 2013 in Paphos, Cyprus. We have also chosen to get married in Agia Kyriaki, it is so exciting looking at your photos. At the moment I feel a bit overwhelmed planning it all. How did you get all the table decorations/favors etc over? xxx
    Hi All,

Thanks for the lovely kind comments. I have just written my full report, and need to add photos to it one evening this week, then will promise to post it.

We sent boxes of items over via courier to the hotel, and to Vasilias.

Don't be overwhelmed, take a step back and tackle things one at a time xx
  • Ah this is just gorgeous, thank you for sharing your pics!

Put a smile on my face!
  • kazalakazala Posts: 361
    Gorgeous photos & congratulations!!! image

Love your shoes, I have the mel wedge version (i.e the cheap version lol) that Im going to get fully crystalised & they will be my evening wedding shoes image They small of bubblegum too!

Who did your cakes they look lush! Didnt know you could get cupcake wedding cakes in cyprus!!
    Love Island Cakes. Jackie Kulflik and her daughter Jo are completely fab. They have a facebook page and a website if you google it. They were yummy. The lemon cupcakes made with real Cypriot lemons were my favourite!!! Yum xxx
  • Your wedding looks amazing! It's making me so excited about mine! I'm choosing a cake from Love Island cake but didn't realise that they did gorgeous little cupcakes (lemon flavour is my favourite too). Can't wait to see your full report image
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    Love those cupcakes. Your dress is beautiful. Paphos is such a gorgeous place. Congratulations x
  • Thank you for your reply, I may be on here a lot!! image My mother is Cypriot so having my wedding here is so special, just don't want to mess it up. Look forward to reading your report x
  • JoKaty your dress is absolutely stunning!!! As is your hair piece! So beautiful - really inspiring! I'm getting married in this church next Sept and cannot wait imageimage
    Thank you all!! Really kind words. So thoughtful of you all. It really was the best day ever, can't wait to sort out photos and get them printed so I can look back over them xx