Forum home Weddings abroad

Any Cyprus may 2013 brides?

Hi guys, I'm getting married in may at elias beach hotel in Limassol! Any other May brides out there? Just thought we could chat and give each other advice and support. Where is everyone else getting married? X

• Hiya, I'm getting married on 3rd May at the Annabelle hotel Paphos. Was first booked for 2wks before but flights then were a challenge so we changed it and ties with the May day weekend too!

Where are you up to with the Planning? Have you found your dress yet?
  • Hello....

We get married on 28th May at Louis Phaethon hotel !

Cant believe its nearly 8months away...time just seems to go so fast !!

Abi image
  • I know Abi, once we get Xmas out of the way, it'll be all systems go.. Where are you up to with Planning?

For me I've sent my invitations out last week, my family have booked all their flights, just waiting for guests to do them same. Got my dress and bmaids dresses months ago. Just eyeing up shoes, may wait for Xmas sale...
  • It will be here before we know it! I've got 40 guests booked in the hotel all ready! Got my dress and bridesmaid dresses! Trying to get a photographer organised but not sure who to go with x
  • I no literally the min xmas is gone and we get into the new year my nights amd weekends will be all booked up with wedding stuff lol !!

Got my dress image), got adult bm dresses but waiting til nearer the time for childrens, got men outfits, got photographer as friends friend is flying out to do for us image and have our wedding rings. Also have our venue booked for here and dj as having a party bk home after.

Think we have 32 booked so far and still waiting on some but all the important ppl are booked up image.

Next thing is flowers i think ......

Abi image
  • Well done ladies, by the sounds of things we're already hit halfway mark yeah..

Yes, I'm not sure on flowers as of yet, heard fresh flowers are really expensive over there as they order flowers from abroad to which adds to the cost.

I was looking at having a bouquet made up using artificial ones which I can keep forever instead.. hmmm we will see.

Can I ask what colour/themes are you leaning towards? My bm dresses are a tomato /orangey Red and I was thinking of what other colour to match with?
  • Yeh does sound like were doing well image) !!!

Yeh im not sure on flowers yet either was going to go with artifical ones so can use back here for party too and because they looked quite expensive there but then i have heard a few stories where people have took them with them and they have got ruined in luggage and then had to pay for real flowers once out there anyway image so think i may just go with real flowers but have single flowers for bm or i might get them wrist corages.... Not getting our men any button holes bcos there not wearin suits anyway there in linen so dont think it would look right anyway and h2b gets 1free with our package so could have 1 for him if wanted.

Our colour theme is fushia pink but i didnt want bm is pink and then flowers so what i have done is get bm in a dusky nude pink and then getting the fushia flowers and h2b is in white linen shirts with stone trousers so quite light colours with bright theme things...... Ermmm not sure what colour u could match it with depends if u want another brighty colour or more lighter shade??!!

Abi image
  • I no literally the min xmas is gone and we get into the new year my nights amd weekends will be all booked up with wedding stuff lol !!

Got my dress image), got adult bm dresses but waiting til nearer the time for childrens, got men outfits, got photographer as friends friend is flying out to do for us image and have our wedding rings. Also have our venue booked for here and dj as having a party bk home after.

Think we have 32 booked so far and still waiting on some but all the important ppl are booked up image.

Next thing is flowers i think ......

Abi image
  • My colour them is turquoise. Think I'm gunna get white roses through the hotel for my flowers. My next job is to find a photographer, struggling to choose!! Also, my hubby to be isn't sure on what him and his groomsmen are going to wear, also got my 2 nephews who will be 18 months and 4!

We have also got a venue booked for celebrations back home!

My maid of honour as also started making hen party plans (it's being kept a secret to me).

Are u guys getting wedding cake from your wedding venue or outside?

Sam x
  • lovely colour choice Sam. I wanted turquoise too, but I think it's too much like the Cath Kidson lines as my Bm dresses are red.

Have you googled any photographers that are based in Cyprus? go on their web pages, or ask your Wedding Planner who they recommend.

My h2b have bought himself and 3 grooms men's suits from Moss bros. he doesn't like the linen stuff look in which case he's gonna be melting ol. So they might hire the waistcoat and tie from MB which is ??40 per person per week as they only need to wear the jacket for formal photos.

I haven't thought about my cake yet. I do fancy having the cupcakes with the small tier on top for us to cut. I can't decide about that yet though as now we''ve got 50 guests confirmed and still another 20 that wants to come.. eek
  • Hi

I'm getting married in Athena beach on 28th may! 8 months to go its coming round so quick! X x
  • Sorry just been reading all your posts I've booked photo papis photographer. I went out there in feb and met them and met a guy called Paul jones they were both really nice and prices were quite similar it was just the style of photos that made my mind up but would recommend looking at their sites!

I'm having bright pink as well!

Are you posting all your decorations out or trying to take them with you?

Have you booked a florist yet? X x