Forum home Weddings abroad

Anyone Getting married at Riu Tequila Mexico 2012/2013

Hi there im getting married at the riu tequila may 2013.. anyone else getting married there or has recently gotten married there?

• omg!. im not getting married there. we stayed there when we got engaged in mexico! i love it sooooo much...... image wanted to get married there but the flight was to long for my nan!.. you will have an amazing wedding.!!!! image soo jelous! xx xx

• I stayed there on holiday and its a really great hotel, the grounds are lovely and the staff were excellent. There were quite a few weddings there when we were on holiday and they had their ceremony on the beach which looked lovely. Only thing I would say is that it's not very private, the staff ask everyone to move their sunbeds to the sides to leave a space on the beach where there's no sunbeds and that's where they do the ceremonies and photos so it looks like you're on a deserted beach but the reality is the beach is heaving and everyone is stood around watching in their swimwear, but if you don't mind this then it's a beautiful hotel, and there's loads to see and do x
  • Hi there, im getting married at the catalonia riviera maya in mexico is there a mexico thread? only just signed up so new to this!!
  • We are going on Honeymoon to Mexico and staying ina Riu hotel.

Has anyone being to Mexico

• I am going back to the Riu Tequilla for my honeymoon as we got engaged there and its by far the best place i have been to!.. so Amazing! xx xx

• We went to a wedding at Rui Yucatan 2 years ago, which is just down the road and the two hotels are interchangable from what I recall, we went to Rui tequilla a couple of times for a change of scene and it seemed really nice.

The couple that got married there really enjoyed it and apart from having to go for blood tests whilst out there, the whole thing was completely stress free for them image

• Hi Stepahie

Our Daughter is getting married there on 9th May we arrive there on 30th April. We have arranged our wedding package through Thompsons and are having the reception at the Steak House - There are only 4 of us going. Our reception package includes up to 30 Guest for meal, drinks for the toast and cake - we just chose to have the wine for the toast when we go for the meal. Our daughters wedding is going to be in the Garden. The wedding co ordinator sent our Daughter some details of a photographer - The packages he does starts from $600.

Hope info helps may see you there Sue & Bob