Cyprus Hotel Ceromony advice... extra charges for non residents??

Hi All

I'm a newbie.  We got engaged on christmas day and are planning to marry in June 2014 in Cyprus.  I want to stay in a luxury hote(l like Athena Beach & Amathus beach) we will also have the ceremony/reception there but Im worried that if people cant afford to stay at the hotel I choose we will end up paying loads more for them to come to the hotel for the day. I have noticed that there are sometimes charges around €70 per person for a all inc day pass this will tot up if were having to pay for 15-20 people to come into the hotel ontop of meal/drinks costs etc,

Does anyone know if there is a way around this or is there a nice 4/5* hotel that doesnt charge for this??  It needs to be child friendly as we have a 2 & 4 yr old.

Any help will be appreciated as I am sooo confused as to where/how  to start making a shortlist.

Karen

• I'm getting married at the Kefalos beach village in Paphos, there is no charge for guests to come from other hotels and the reviews are great! Iv spoke to brides who have got married there and they said it was fab.

They have a kids club there and park outside too. I think it's only a 3* but it looks beautiful and the sea view rooms are all being renovated at the mo.
  • heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

I don't think you have to pay the day guest charge as well as for the meal/drinks - they would just charge you for the meals you're having, have you contacted the wedding planners at the hotels? Most are really happy to help and give prices and ideas

I know you've mentioned hotels for your wedding, but have you seen the Elea golf resort? We got married there last August and it's amazing, the food is stunning and you have private usage of the venue so no sharing your wedding day with lots of random other people!!

• Cathy 3Cathy 3 Posts: 18

I have many friends who have got married in cyprus.  For amazing venues price and complete planning at your service i recommend Joanne at www.paphosweddingsmadeeasy.com she can make any wedding and or reception choice to your specific needs. 

• Hiya, thanks for your replies.  I will look into your suggestions and see where that takes me... image