Help!

Hi there, me and my H2B are struggling to find a destination that we can both agree on! And after 11 years of waiting we want to get it right so please can you help us.

We have four children (14,6,5,5 in 2014 when we plan to marry) so that rules out the adult only locations. We would love somewhere like the maldives that caters for children.

Our wish list is as follows

• white sand and blue sea
  • modern rooms
  • swim up bar
  • several restaurants
  • wedding gazebo
  • one wedding per day
  • not over populated
  • on site hairdressers 
  • kids pool (few slide etc)

We have a budget but open to ideas at this stage, we hope this is achievable please help.

• You cannot legally marry in the Maldives but if you want a blessing most islands will be able to organise this and a hairdresser etc.

When I was researching the Maldives I did not come across any places with swim up bars. I think a couple of islands have kids clubs but there is not really kids pools or anything like that.

Bandos & the one and only Reethi Rah seem your best bets but be careful because most islands have rules on kids, such as they are not allowed in water villas, some parts of islands and some restaurants.

I read a honeymoon article recently with a couple with kids going to Mexico and it looks amazing. I also just came across an article that said that Mauritius is more child friendly than the Maldives or Sri Lanka.

• welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224

I would also second Mexico.  We went to an adults only location (so no good to you), but came across a fair few hotels in our research.  Thomson have a sensatori there which looks gorgeous, not sure on their wedding policy though so worth checking out but they are based on 5* luxury, lots of restaurants, and have two parts: one adults only, one for families (you two could prob sneak over to the adults only pool for a bit of quiet time after being married image ) 

We stayed in riviera maya, which is simply gorgeous.  Proper white sands and turquoise waters, it was heaven!

Mexico seemed to give us really good value for money too compared to other carribean locations.  Have you looked at the wedding brochures that you can get from travel agents?