Forum home Weddings abroad

Married in New York - Just Got Home!!!!

Hi

Just to say be brave if you are thinking of marrying abroad - particularly in NYC - it was FANTASTIC!!! just what I wanted. We were married in Moran's restuarant and had reception there too and then Ariston florists did my beautiful flowers and camelot limo's gave us a beautiful car. If you need any help just let me know..... I'll log back on in a few days!!

Love Mrs Hoskins!

• congratulations

im getting married in new york in November i'd love to see some pictures if you dont mind?

Thanks

• hannahgfhannahgf Posts: 4
    Hi Laura!

Congratulations! Where are you getting married in New York? I am getting married on Oct 5th in Central Park Ladies Pavilion. So excited! Have you got most things sorted? We only booked ours about 4 weeks ago but have manged to get most things organised.

Where are you going for your reception / meal after the ceremony?

xxx
  • Congratulations....sounds fab!

x cb x
  • Quoted:
    Hi Laura!

Congratulations! Where are you getting married in New York? I am getting married on Oct 5th in Central Park Ladies Pavilion. So excited! Have you got most things sorted? We only booked ours about 4 weeks ago but have manged to get most things organised.

Where are you going for your reception / meal after the ceremony?

xxx

Hi Hannah

Congratulations to you. Im getting married in the Conservatory Garden Central Park. Nearly got everything sorted just waiting for a couple of answer from my wedding co-ordinator then we'll all be set to go.

Our reception is being held at Tavern on the Green.

Have you got many family and friends going out with you?

Which hotel are you staying in?

xxx
  • hannahgfhannahgf Posts: 4
    Hi Laura,

We booked our wedding package with Whitesands weddings and they have been so helpful at such short notice!! We are staying at the Bentley hotel for 7 nights before flying to Miami for 5 nights for a mini honeymoon. Have you been to New York before? We have stayed in various 3* hotels in Manhattan but to be honest you never really spend that much time in the room in NYC! So much to see & do!

We are going to have a meal at the 21 club afterwards because they have private dining facilities for small groups. I am expecting between 15-20 people on the day. How about you?

Who are you flying with? I have just been reading the post about concerns over putting wedding dresses in the hold. I used to be cabin crew for Virgin and I regularly put wedding dresses in to the upper class cabin wardrobe for the flight. This was quite sometime ago and I wonder if American Airlines will do the same for me?? I am going to contact them today to find out.

Who is arranging your flowers? This is about the one thing left I have to organise.