Forum home Weddings abroad

Anyone getting married in Ayia Napa, July /August this year?

Im getting married at the town hall in ayia napa on the 3rd August. Just wondered if anyone else was getting married near here around this time?

• I'm getting married on 19 May 2008 at Ayia Napa town hall. Have you booked this yourself or have you got a co-ordinator?
  • im getting married at the town hall in ayia napa on the 6th oct 08

we are staying at the adams beach, where are u staying??

allison xxx
  • Pammie6871Pammie6871 Posts: 47
    Hi there, I have booked through Thomas Cook so I have a wedding coordinator through them. Im staying at The Nelia Hotel which is on the beach next to the harbour. Its not a wedding hotel but we have stayed there for the past 2 years and really like it. Trouble with Thomas Cook is that everything has to be sorted when you get to the resort which I find really frustrating. I know what time im getting married now and I think i am booking the guests transport through a wedding planner that comes on these boards called Kerry (she lives over there) I have looked on the internet for a Limo and will prob book that before I go. I know where we are having our meal so thats sorted. Just flowers really to sort, oh and sparklers!! But threre is a party shop over there that has balloons etc. I'm also having my wedding favours flown out from a company in the Uk direct to the hotel so I wont have to carry those in my case. I have found some flip flop place card holders and im hoping to take a picture of everyone, get them printed over there then instead of having their names in the holder i will put the picture there instead. Thought that would be funny. I go 2 weeks on sunday so its all systems go now!!
  • Hi

Pammie, which company have you got your favours from that's a great idea? also where are you having your meal.

I have organised everything but the meal through our wedding co-ordinator who is based in Cyprus. We want our meal in a traditional taverna, not inthe centre of Ayia Napa if possible as we are staying in Villas in Ayia Thekla just outside Ayia Napa and are hoping to find somewhere near to the villas if possible. (there will only be 10 of us) Are there any traditional taverna's around the harbour that serve Meze and would accommodate cyprus dancers that you know of?