Anyone else planning on getting married in Cuba 2015?

So the brochures have come out for summer 13-April 14. We were going to record the prices all this year so we could see when it's cheapest for us to book next year. So looked at holidays last night and this morning to find Thomson will no longer be flying to Cuba after April next year, Thomas cook only fly from Manchester which is too far for us to travel- varadero which is then also a long journey that end to get to the hotel! Virgin fly from gatwick but to Havana which again is a long journey the other end to holguin and Virgin prices are a lot more then the others image What to do next?! I know we have a year and things could change but don't want to keep our hearts set on Cuba for us to not be able to book it next year!xxx

• xsam28xxsam28x Posts: 55

As I mentioned in a previous post, we are still undecided between Cuba or Cyprus for 2015 but we would be flying from Manchester so we are not too bad even though I would prefer not to fly with Thomas Cook.

Could you not book a airport hotel and car parking package and drive up to Manchester for the Flight as that would prob be easier than trying to arrange internal flights in Cuba?.

xx

• PopsyxxPopsyxx Posts: 1,009
    I went into first choice/ Thomson and they said that they have dropped Cuba as it doesn't meet their standards anymore apparently! But also went into Thomas cook and they are still flying from gatwick it just hasn't loaded onto the website yet.

Manchester would take us about 5 hours to travel too! I would hate to have to have that journey after our holiday, going wouldn't be too bad as I would be excited!! Someone else said to me about flying fro gatwick to Barcelona then to holguin but would much rather a direct flight!

But finger crossed Thomas cook will keep it that way!!xxx
  • Hi 

we had the same problem. We wanted to stay in Cayo Santa Maria and was really disappointed to see no one was going there. We have however decided to go to the Iberostar Tainos in Varadero in June 2014 which seems to be just as nice tbh ????

It now seems that Thomas cook fly from gatwick to holguin which suits us image 

where would u fly from?xx

• We're flying from Manchester but that's not too bad for us as it's maximum 2.5 hrs away from us. 

Ah cool. Manchester do seen to fly more places in Cuba! Just hoping the don't shoot the prices right up now Thomson are dropping Cuba!!x

• To be fair we looked as soon as the dates came out in May and didn't book it until July and the prices didn't seem to go up. even though there isn't a lot of competition we still managed to get it a bit cheaper by price matching the internet agents.  So it's worth a try xx