Weddings in turkey

Hi all...

Just wondering if anyone has married in turkey? The holiday village. We have just booked ours for september next year and im a little anxious that were stepping into the unknown. And advice from those who have done it would be greatly appreciated.We know about all the extra costs for paper work and legal fees ect..  Just wondering about the actual wedding venue, how isit decorated, Whats prices for the extras such as extra cake,buttonhole,flowers,pics. Also your wedding reception, where was that held and at what cost? We wanted ours on the gulet cruise so any info on that would be fantastic!! Many thanks ladies. xx P.s also any pics welcome my email address is [email protected]

• sian  2sian 2 Posts: 9

hi emma, i know exactly how you feel..well done for taking the plunge and booking...im in the process of looking into it all to get married next may in Olu deniz but the not knowing bit is making me a bit anxious...plus managing all the guests expectations (impossible)!

where and who have you booked with? do you have a weding coordinator allocated that you can liaise with re the finer details or the hotel itself. We faniced the gulet but i cant seem to find out how many people it holds? thomas cook travel agent has been trying to get hold of thier own wedding team for days with no success...makes me wonder if i should source another company?

be great to keep in touch and hear all about how you are getting on...im now looking for venues in antalya to avoid doing the all day car journey there...cant seem to find out much about that either...but hopeful it will be easy enough

sian ([email protected])

• 2133mel2133mel Posts: 1

Hi Emma, we have just booked to go to the Holiday Village next September too! Have you heard anything back about your wedding date yet? When we booked the lady said we will get a pack through the post with prices for extras such as flowers. image mel x

• EmmaflEmmafl Posts: 2

Hi ladies.. No i havent heard back yet regarding the actual date, They said it would be towards the end of may as the resort only opens back up in may. they also said we would recieve a pack too so it will be interesting to see whats in that. And we booked ours through thomsons and as upto now they have been a great help in answering any questions we had and getting information for us. My email is [email protected] if any of you ladies want to keep in touch image x