Blue Lagoon Weddings, Turkey

Hi

Has anyone got married or been to a wedding in the Blue Lagoon.

We have chosen our hotel in Oludeniz but it doesn't hold wedding ceremonies. We are booking our holiday through Thomas Cook.

I was wanting to know what the ceremony area was like? Do you have to get married actually on the beach? And has anyone booked this through Thomas Cook?

All advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you x

• MrsT13MrsT13 Posts: 285

Hi Emma,

if you're set on the hotel you want and they don't do weddings I'd suggest one of the planners in Turkey for your wedding (keeping the holiday and wedding separate). 

We have booked with http://www.weddingsturkey.com/index.html and they offer two ceremony locations, a small beach in the blue lagoon nature reserve or a yacht wedding. There are othewe independent wedding planners there too so you don't have to have it at your hotel or go through the travel agent if you don't want.

let me know if I can answer anymore questions : )  xx

• Thank you for your reply.

I will have a look at their website.

I have had a look at a a few other wedding planners but their prices seem to be expensive.

xx

• CasamamaCasamama Posts: 123

Hi, we are going with oludeniz weddings.com, at the meri hotel for ceremony and reception.  we have booked a separate villa and flights.

not super cheap but had more options/ venues. it was a bit scary hand several thousand pounds over but they have so many previous bridesa/ grooms on their face book.

we are off in 4 days time, so will be back to write up our experience.

• Hope you have a wonderful time! Thank you for your help and if you could let me know about your experience that would be great help also.

x

• MrsT13MrsT13 Posts: 285

Good luck casamama, very exciting!! The beach we're getting married at is opposite Meri hotel, lovely area.

luckily we have only had to pay the deposit and the rest when we arrive in Turkey.

Best advice is to read review after review, there are loads on all the companies there and they are so helpful when making your choice.

xx