My Santorini wedding was beyond amazing!!

Hi Ladies,

Got married in Santorini last week, Thursday 30th May at St Irene and then reception at Theros.  It was incredible.  Just wanted to share this with you all.  You are all in for such a treat!!.. Ionian weddings were amazing from start to finish and i cant recommend them enough.  Liz was out planner in Santorini and she was fantastic. 

The day was perfect, very hot though, the ceremony was at 5 and it was boiling, i would recomment around 6 - 7.  St Irene was stunning all the guests were amazed.

Theros was fabolous.  Decorated so beautifully and the staff there were fantastic.  Really sad its all over but just wanted to share this with you so any brides who are getting married in Santorini or at these venues can know you dont need to worry or stress it is just so beautiful.  You will all have brilliant days.

xxxxxxx

• really good to hear the report. Congratualtions. i'm getting married in 9 weeks at Santo Wines and reception at Pyrgos Taverna.

some pics would be nice.

Congrats again

x

• 2bMrsC2bMrsC Posts: 26

Thanks! And thank you so much for my pm, it's made me really excited, santos winery and Theros next Thursday whoo hoo! i getting married at 6.30pm image

Xx

• We stayed at the Katikas villas and so wanted to have our renewal there this Sept but couldn.t  afford the expense of  flying our family out so having it at home here in Kent.

Santorini is truly beautiful and romantic, theres no where else like it. The Caledra is amazing.

Please post your photos up to show me what I'm missing out on!!!!!

And congratulations btw!

Think how many anniversary's you NEED to spend back there! x

•  

• Few pics for you all!...

You will all have amazing weddings! Its so beautiful out there!!... xx xx

• gorgeous pics. Can I ask who was you photgrapher and who did your hair and make up?

• fawny2fawny2 Posts: 174

Congratulationsimage

• cherrydropcherrydrop Posts: 904

Congratulations! You look beautiful and you're right about the setting! Amazing!

• thanks everyone.

Did my own make up and an australian guy called Costas did my hair, and a lady called Judy did my photographs. Xxx

• Thanks, can I just ask did u take ur dress as hand luggage ?

• Yeah, the bridal shop packed it into my hand luggage case. Xx

• Great, I'm stressing about that at the moment. I will take a hand luggage case to my next fitting. Thanks for the info x

• No problem.. image Enjoy your wedding! xx xx

• Fab photos!

Was the wedding at the Santorini Princess by any chance?

Looks familiar to me but then they all thave that fabulous viewimage

• No it was at St Irene and the reception at Theros.

Thanks you! image Yeah its such an amazing, so many beautiful wedding locations to choose from xxx

Few more pics from the reception at Theros Sunset Bar!. Xxxx

Centrepeice xxxx

This was my welcome table image i had a photoframe (bought from Santorini) letting people know that they needed to write on the postcards as they were our 'guestbook'

we basically had personalised postcards made on vistaprint, just with a picture of Santorini and our names and wedding date on the top.  Also had scatter crystals and candles and i bought two statues of greek gods from a souvenior shop and put them on the table aswell....

My bouquet went on aswell to decorate and we had camera's to put on tabels - these were stored on here first though and then we put them on the tables.... also glow sticks and those shutter glasses - these were madly popular! EVERYONE had glowstick bracelets and glasses by then end of the night, they really helped create a fun atmosphere and so many people loved them. 

• The pics above are my 2 tables which had scatter crystals and tealights on in my colour scheme! image. they looked beautiful the staff there and my planner did an amazing job of decorating.  I bought the centrepeices in Santorini and they were lovely aswell! image ..... You really dont need to much decoration though because the place is so amazing and the view is stunning as the sun goes down.... everyone commented it on how beautiful the bar was! image....

Few pics of the ceremony area at St Irene xxxx

This was the welcome table at the ceremony image had the fans on - which my brother gave out when everyone arrived - these were very popular as it was so hot!! also the confetti bags for people aswell and then at the end of the ceremony the champagne glasses were placed on this table xxxxx

View from side of St Irene xxxx

St Irene xxxx