Photo's and Video's in Oz

Hi,

We've just booked our wedding in Perth Australia, what a mission. Its so hard booking a wedding abroad when you can't go an visit the venue before had to check it out.

Anyway how do I pick a photographer/videographer?? Ideally we thought if we picked a company that did both it would be cheaper. But how do i pick someone?? What makes a good photo/video??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MoominmummyMoominmummy Posts: 1,621
    hello

Firstly congratulations on booking your wedding image

With regards to photographer, you should be able to get a good idea of their work from their websites, they will usually have portfolios you can look at so you'll get a good idea of their style. Not too sure about videos though. You could ask them to send you a sample, I have seen that some over here do that?

I have a friend that got married in Perth about 5 years ago, so I 'll ask her for any recommendations.

Good luck
  • afrenchumafrenchum Posts: 124
    Yes please any recomendations or help would be great.
  • rinnieukrinnieuk Posts: 158
    Hi Alison

Glad you finally managed to book the wedding. You should ask your venue, ours gave us a list of recommended services that the normally use. We booked our photographer through them.

• Hi Alison!

We are travelling over to Perth next month to marry! can't believe how quickly its come around!

We have booked Rotunda 2 for our wedding at Kings Park and are really excited! Our reception is on the Paddle Steamer Decoy. We are having a 5 hour cruise along the Swan River.

We have booked Diane Deray to do our wedding photography. Shes fantastic and has really helped us with all the details of our big day. She helped me plan the itinery which was really helpful as I was unsure of how long things would take and how far away the reception was from the ceremony location. http://www.deraysimcoe.com.au/

We have also booked an old fashioned Perth Tram from the Perth Tram Company to transport our guests from the park to the Paddle Steamer in South Perth.

Have you booked a florist yet? I was put in touch with Michelle from Elysium Functions http://www.elysiumfunctions.com.au/weddings.php. They have helped me organise the reception decorations e.g. chair covers, sashes and table runners etc. she was really reasonable and was helpful when I mentioned I would like some native Australian flowers in my bouquet.

Hope this is helpful!

Good luck with the plans,

Kelly x