Hotel being unhelpful

Hi,

Im hoping someone will tell me exactly what i need to do and stop me stressing.

I booked my holiday through Thomas Cook and emailed the hotel in Cyprus direct and asked if i could book the wedding package through them, they said yes and the price was just over half what the travel agent said. He said i couldnt officially pay until October as thats when they took orders. I thought this sounded odd as talking to other girls they were all booked and paid. Anyway i've been emailing him a couple of times and although he did confirm the wedding for 3rd July would be fine for us to plan, his emails have been quite short like i should know what im doing. Today i received an email telling me i had to email someone else to confirm the date :/

I'm sure this is probably coming over all baffled, but if anyone would be kind enough for me to forward my email trail to them and give me some advice it would much appreciated. I'm really dont know what im getting for my package if i have to contact other people to arrange things. Im also really worried i will loose the 3rd July.

Any advice would be much appreciated, i dont want to just copy and paste the email on here but i guess its hard to advise without reading it. xx

• Malb2b13Malb2b13 Posts: 679

copy and paste them on here hun, i will have a look over and i am sure other would too.

if you stressing about it all then you can add thomas cook wedding package at any stage so prehaps you might want to consider doing that...might be more money but is it worth it fo the piece of mind? or prehaps find a local planner to support?

xxx

• MrsH2013MrsH2013 Posts: 842

Feel free to msg me or paste it on here as I got married in Rhodes last month so I can try and help x

• MrsB2B8MrsB2B8 Posts: 39

Thank you both, i'll paste it on here. I think your right if i cant figure it out i'll book with Thomas Cook. i have emailed the people that was suggested so i'll see what comes back but could really do with some reassurance image

2 mins and i'll post it xx

Sorry but it starts at the bottom. I've taken out the email address, im paranoid he might read it and not let me get married there ha! The emails are spread over the last month or so not in one go.

If you wish to have a civil wedding contact municipality on the [email protected]  and if you wish to have an Anglican wedding on the chapel contact Mrs. Pat on the [email protected]

Thanks Christos, how do I go about that?

Hi

The time is up to you, decide and tell me. You must also speak with the municipality first to see if they are available.

Thanks

Just wondering as if you know what time our wedding will be on the 3rd July? I want to make some invites for my guests, plus I'm looking at booking the wedding boat company for an hour cruise after the ceremony before we come back to you for the meal. (this is price dependant)

Also is it too early to discuss wedding packages? i really need to start looking at figures so we don't go over budget. I really appreciate you must be so busy with the wedding season in full swing

I appreciate all your help image

Hi

Don’t worry about the photographer is one of the best here in Cyprus.  We work together many years.

Regarding the wedding meal if you wish to have the all inclusive the only think that you need to pay is the €95 for the private area. The quests that are not stay in the hotel they can buy a day pass that cost €60 and they will become all inclusive for one day.

Hi

I have pre booked a photographer for the wedding next year,  3rd July 2014. We have booked through Photopia. He said works very closely with you and Maria and would get in contact to confirm date and time. I hope this is ok?
    Please can i also ask, most of our guests are staying in The Golden Coast with us, is there a way we can use our All inclusive as the reception meal? Please can you confirm the additional costs involved and for the few guests we have staying in other hotels.

I am ready to book a wedding package direct with yourselves when you see best.

Hi

In our chapel you can have Anglican church wedding or a civil wedding. The use of the chapel for the residents of the hotel is €95.

Hi, just to confirm its just a civil wedding were after at the chapel area. Please can you confirm how much this will be? We are looking at booking the grand wedding package through yourself in October when you officially take bookings.

Thanks 

Hi Amanda,

No because the ceremony take place outside of the chapel.

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I'd love the chapel please if you could reserve this for me. Is there a maximum about of guests?

Thanks again

oh no it didnt post it all

Hi

Yes the chapel is still available for the 3 July. You want to have a civil wedding at the chapel area or an Anglican wedding?

Hi

Sorry to bother you, i know our wedding isnt for over a year just excited and keep thinking of lots of questions.

Can we specify where we get married ie the chapel? If the chapel is available on the 3rd July 2014, how many people is the maximum it holds? Is the chapel extra money?

Please can you confirm what paperwork we need?

holiday is all booked with our guests booking to
    Please let me know if you want me to out a deposit down to guarantee, the 3rd July for our wedding.

Thank you for your help 00.

I will book the 3 july for you so don’t worry. Just let me know full names so I can write you down.

Thank you so much for your getting back to me.

If I can't book until October is there anyway I can guarantee I can book the wedding for the 3rd July? I'm just worried as if I book the holiday and then can't get married within that week. We have a lot of friends/ family booking at the sale time as is. 

Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated 

Hi

About paper work you need around 2 3 days. I think it is better to arrange the wedding on Thursday 3rd July.

We accept payments via bank transfer or with your credit card. We will accept prepayments for 2014 beginning of October.

If you need any further information’s, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

I'm booking the holiday tomorrow, and will be flying out on the 29th June i think we arrive around midnight. We'll be staying a week. How many days do we need to sort paperwork etc? Would the wedding on the Wednesday 2nd  or Thursday 3rd July be ok?
    What sort of deposit would you require? How do you accept payment?

Thank you for your help

Hi

Yes you can book your wedding directly through the hotel. Just let me know the date and for the rest we can arrange it later on.

If you need any further information’s, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Hmm it seems like he's not used to dealing directly with weddings! Personally I would go with a local planner but there would be a cost involved but for me the piece of mind is worth it. I'd be hesitant to go with Thomas Cook as I've seen lots of talk on the internet about tour operators not being that great with wedding planning. 

I think it'll be stressful for you to find the answers you need such as finding out if the date is free etc but when I booked my venue I had to get most of my answers from my planner and the venue just dealt with the stuff like food etc x

I think your right. Do you knw roughly how much planners charge?

Thank you for reading through xx

I think it depends ours was about £800 but we had constant contact and updates, our date and time was confirmed within 48 hours, we got to work with some really good suppliers and we even had a uk consultation. Might be worth looking into. I bet theres some Cyprus brides on here you could ask if you put a post up? x

A lady im talking to on fb has just given me her contact at the hotel so i've emailed her the emails and asked for help. If that doesnt work i'll look for a planner.

I feel rude to keep emailing them but surely they understand i just want everything perfect :/ x

Ah that's good hopefully you'll get a better response. Well I think you should be able to feel you can have everything perfect, that's what they are there for image x

Thank you so much for reading and giving me advice, its appreciated x

• mrshughes2013mrshughes2013 Posts: 2,063

Buy a day pass for the guests to come into the hotel for a meal your paying for!

id go through Thomas Cook Hun as it seems he doesn't know what he's doing plus hes adding on obscene charges and plus you'll be covered by ABTA if you go through the agent

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

I would contact a local wedding planner and let them deal with the hotel, we did that and I found it so easy

We used Linda at Paphos Total weddings, I think her fee was about £400 ish (can't remember exaclty, might have been cheaper) but she organised everything for us, with the venue, photographer, town hall for paperwork, looked over the paperwork for us and ensured it was all correct etc - it was worth every penny having a planner image

If you want any help with anything about getting married in Cyprus just let me know or send me a pm, we got married there last summer & went to another friends wedding there the year before so I've been to a few different venues

• Malb2b13Malb2b13 Posts: 679

reading through i think it seems your speaking to man...its all straigth forward just not very reassuring. it seems he has booked the hotel date for you and you need to arrange the registrar via the emails depending which sort of service you want. If you would like someone to arrange things like that for you then i think you would be best to go for a planner as its unlikly he will step up and sort those things for you. with regards to the meal it sounds reasonable to me that those staying at the hotel have regular dinner and those not staying pay for a day pass (you could pay for it if you dont want to charge guests) 60 euros for food and drink all day isnt unreasonable and obviously if most guests are staying in the hotel anyway you wouldnt pay anything for them at all. make sure they know its all day tho so they make the most of it! I would also expect to pay extra for a private area so i think both of those things are fairly straight forward and reasonable. We are getting married in malta and have paid for a local planner so they sort everything and i have to say i think its worth the money so i dont have the stress. ive also heard horrer stories about thomas cook but some really good reports too. It might be fairly simple to book registrar yourself tho so i would email 1st. good luck xxx 

Hey! just a quick update. the hotel range me friday evening and was very apologetic that i'd been given very vague information with the steps to take (i didnt make a complaint or anything just asked someone else for help as i didnt understand) i now have my wedding booked and confirmed with the town hall and the hotel. i got to pick what time i wanted, and when i wanted things to happen.

Thanks everyone for their advice image x