Paphos Help Required!!

Hello Fellow B2Bs,

Just after some advice for a potential Paphos wedding in August 2014. We haven't booked anything yet and are hoping to fly out this month BUT I just have a couple of questions for any experts out there. Now, I have spent all day and last weekend trawling Pinterest, the forums on here and TripAdvisor so my brain is officially mush! I apologize if all these questions are out there and I'm just overlooking them! 

- Do you think we've left it too late for family and friends to save for a wedding abroad?

- Does anyone know of a really good reportage photographer in Cyprus?

- Which is the better location - Paphos or Aiya Napa or somewhere else that I'm overlooking?

- Does anyone know of a posh yacht that you can bring your own wine/nibbles on and charter for a few hours? 

- We fancy a traditional meal - halloumi, olives, lamb shish BBQ style etc. Preferably with an awesome view, lots of fairy lights and candles. Maybe beach side or overlooking the harbour? Am I looking for something totally unrealistic?

Any ideas/suggestions would be fab. We want something really special but it's so hard to narrow it down for when we visit. Not keen on getting a wedding planner but may change my mind at this rate!

Thank you al in advance xx

• Hi I can't help but I went to a wedding fayre on Saturday. Exclusive yacht weddings from Cyprus were there. I would have chosen this but I went to greece instead, it looks fab plus they can sail you to a restaurant or have the whole lot on board. X

• GailTGailT Posts: 2

I got married in Coral Bay Paphos this year and if you really want a stress free time of it use Paphos weddings made easy - everything you have mentioned they can do and are worth every penny. They have photography in their packages and the story book and photos are excellent. They can also organise a yacht.

We booked our champagne and nibbles through them and we were not disapointed.

If you do not use them their photographer - Paul Jones Photography is excellent.

We ate at a restaurant recommended by our planner and it was excellent just what you are looking for - Paliomonastiro in a lovely location with sea views (not right by sea).

Hope this helps

• Steph2913Steph2913 Posts: 352

we married just outside Paphos last month.  Was fab. I didn't use a planner - booked everything direct and was easy enough to do image

Don't think you've left it too late, but if you are going for it, would suggest you send out some 'save the date' cards asap.  And also get key suppliers confirmed as the good ones do get booked well in advance

We did a sunset cruise the night before our wedding.  Was lovely - but they provided the nibbles and did an all inclusive drinks package.  Was with Cyprus Yacht Charters

There's a Cyprus Brides To Be forum on FB.  Loads of info on there - b2bs, past brides, suppliers (photographers, MUAH, cakes etc) so worth joining if you want lots of advice/recommendations

Good luck x

• I am going to a wedding on Friday at The Annabelle - Paphos.  Happy to let you know anything i find out whilst out there xxx

• Mrs 2BMrs 2B Posts: 75

Hi, cant help you with Paphos as we are getting marriend in Portugal in 2015, but what i would day is dont panic.

I was in exact same positon as yourself head complete mush, looking through sites after sites and havin information overload but still no answers to questions.

We spent a week over in Portugal and what a difference came back totally more relaxed over it, even more excited and just ready to start enjoying the plannin, found our amazin venue, planner, band and had even looked at menus!!  We met with an amazin wedding planner and this has really helped not sure if it is something you have thought about?good luck and i am sure once you ahve been everything will seme clearer image x

• Hey there LouLou

Here are some answers for you

- Do you think we've left it too late for family and friends to save for a wedding abroad? No I don't think so, there is still time. We normally prepare approximately costs and options for guests so they can also have cheaper options. 

- Does anyone know of a really good reportage photographer in Cyprus? We have three really amazing photographers. One with dramatic photographs over sunsets/beach, one very natural photographer to capure your emotional moments and one romantic to make your moments look even more fairytale.

- Which is the better location - Paphos or Aiya Napa or somewhere else that I'm overlooking? Depends on what you like to do. For rocky beach lovers & families, Paphos is much better in my opinion, for sundy beaches I would vote for Agia Napa - here there are some amazing family locatons as well so you don't need to worry. Both cities have excellent entertainment and fun activities for you and your h2b and guests.

- Does anyone know of a posh yacht that you can bring your own wine/nibbles on and charter for a few hours?  of courseimage there are two companies in Cyprus both of which we have a great collaborationimage We some times offer afternoon tea during the boat trip as well is so lovely and unique! 

- We fancy a traditional meal - halloumi, olives, lamb shish BBQ style etc. Preferably with an awesome view, lots of fairy lights and candles. Maybe beach side or overlooking the harbour? Am I looking for something totally unrealistic? What about doing all these in a private villa over the beach. WE are doing that already with some of our brides and it can be stunning. We have live BBQ cooking, bartenders and amazing decorationimage 

Also, come and visit us to the wedding show this weekend;) we would love to see u there!

If you would like further info get in touch with me: [email protected] 

• I was after something different like ceremony, cruise and reception.  My planner has given me endless options and really happy with all the choices and at such great prices and service I cannot recommend them enough either.  I am using at paphos weddings made easy and very happy with everything i am sure they can come up with some options and prices for you if you send me them an email.  I have details for them if any of you need.

• my sister has just got married in Paphos through Love Cyprus Weddings, they are based in hertfordshire/ outer London. They handled her wedding including everything you could think of and the wedding planner was available day and night and they can make the wedding exactly how you want it. We are planning to get married in may 2015using them too. their website is www.lovecyprusweddings.co.uk , i know there are a few compabnies out there but just soe advice!

• I lived and worked in Paphos for nearly 8 years you might find my website helpful http://paphosbrides2b.wordpress.com/ 
    Or just drop me an email via the website with any questions

Warm wishes

Karen