Forum home Weddings abroad

Ring safety

I've just started a thread about swimming with rings on general chat, and thought I would ask the rest of you having weddings abroad what you're planning to do with your rings when you go away. Some people don't take their good jewellery with them on holiday at all, but I am definitely bringing my engagement ring with me for the wedding/honeymoon (and obviously the wedding ring must come)!

I think I will leave my engagement ring in the hotel room safe when swimming and at the beach - do you think this is safe? I've heard a lot of stories about things being stolen from room safes and most hotels even say directly they're not responsible for anything that goes missing. I have insurance for my ring but would prefer not to have to use it!

• MrsRafMrsRaf Posts: 1,802
    we went to egypt last month and I left my engagement ring in the hotel safe whilst swimming. that was at a really secure 5* hotel - when we went to a different hotel i locked my ring inside my suitcase - the lock was part of the suitcase and not a breakable one.

Unless you're going somewhere really off the tourist trail i really dont think it's too much of a worry image
  • KristyukKristyuk Posts: 897
    That makes me feel better to hear that's what you have done too MrsRafique2B, thanks! I just want to make sure it's not a silly thing to do (the kind where everyone afterwards says, oh no, you shouldn't have left it in the safe, no one does that!).
  • MrsRafMrsRaf Posts: 1,802
    just found something that might help:

www.theringsaver.com