Forum home Weddings abroad

NYC Elopement

Hello everyone,

I'm planning a NYC elopement, but we are playing the long game, the wedding isn't until Friday 13th July 2018!

I was just wondering if any of you girls are getting hitched in NYC and what your "who, what, where, when" is.

• herstoryherstory Posts: 1,268

Congrats image

I can't give any advice but have fun planning, not been to new york yet but everyone I know who has loved it, recommends going and wants to go back!

• Hey,

I'm getting married in NYC in October 2015. We only got engaged a month ago so very early stages of planning. I've been doing lots of research but still have no idea where to start, when to start booking things and how to budget for it. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Nichola8Nichola8 Posts: 1

hi there, just came across this post. Wondering if you are any further forward with your planning? we are looking into a ny elopement in december this year image x

• Hi Nichola8!

We are getting there... We're getting married in central Park on 24th Oct 15. We've booked flights and hotel. We've also booked an officiant and starting working on the vows. We've got 17 guests that are coming with, in which most of them have now booked. We are now trying to decide on a general running order of the day etc. 

I am off on Saturday to try on some dresses too, which I'm really excited about!

Have you got a date or started looking in to things yet?

• DrunnerDrunner Posts: 23

We just got married in New York (4th June) and did it all ourselves.

Happy to answer any questions or provide any tips image

• Donna53Donna53 Posts: 12

I am getting married in NY on the 13th August. We have chosen Times Square as the place for the ceremony. We have booked it via Virgin and they provide a wedding planner from over there and I could not recommend them enough! Very helpful! We have booked Vito Khan for our wedding photography and Sharon Becker for my hair / make up. We have our ceremony in Times Square then going for a horse and carriage ride in Central Park. Then heading to Brooklyn Bridge. We are then heading to Benjamin's Steak house for food and then off to a rooftop bar. Msg me for more details, questions etc..

• Alison243Alison243 Posts: 2

We eloped to NYC May this year. We were late planners, kind of a 'its now or never' kind of planning. I have some great recommendations and am happy to answer any questions too 😊 congratulations on your engagements guys !

Alison x

• Tina20Tina20 Posts: 14

I'm getting married in ladies pavilion, central Park, new York city in April 2016, so excited and just can't wait!

It's just the pair of us going and ladies pavilion is perfect for a small intimate wedding ceremony.

We're going for a horse and carriage ride round central Park after the ceremony but not to sure what to do after that, but in the city that never sleeps we're spoilt for choice. 

We booked the flights, hotel and central Park wedding through Virgin holidays who provide a UK and an American wedding planner and so far it all seems so easy and most importantly fun!  

Happy planning ladies!

• Hi Guys,

My OH recently surprised me for my birthday with a trip to NY in June 2018, and we have decided to go to city hall and get married while we are there. I understand the practicalities of getting the certificate 24 hrs before etc.

Have any of you done it this way? Any advice on Photogrephers and Hair and makeup would be great. 

Thanks xx

• SecretPlanner wrote (see post):

Hi Guys,

My OH recently surprised me for my birthday with a trip to NY in June 2018, and we have decided to go to city hall and get married while we are there. I understand the practicalities of getting the certificate 24 hrs before etc.

Have any of you done it this way? Any advice on Photogrephers and Hair and makeup would be great. 

Thanks xx

Hi I've just seen this post. We are getting married in NY from the UK June 8th 2018, I have done all the planning myself :) 

Photographers we are using Jasmine photography after recommendations, also using MG hair and makeup who is coming to the hotel to get me ready ( brilliant reviews). Anything else?

xx