Wedding Planners in Cyprus

Hi,

Thinking of getting married in Pathos in October 2009. Have you got any good advise and recommendations when getting involved with wedding planners? or even any good planners to get in touch with?

It's all a new to me, so any hints and tips would be very welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Donna99 :\)

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 903
    Post removed: advertising

[Modified by: Web Master on July 25, 2007 04:33 PM]
  • wedcowedco Posts: 268
    Hi Donna,

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding!

I would recommend you use an independent company rather than a large tour operator, you will get much better service and if you do have any queries (which is only natural) they are more likely to answer you than the tour companies!

I have heard some fantastic reviews for I-do weddings and the contact there is Igor (please ladies correct me if I'm wrong!). I also know of a excellent coordinator called Ruth Walton (Ex Libra coordinator) she now has her own company called Paphos Prestige Weddings - her contact details are: [email protected]

Wishing you the very best

Kerry x

[Modified by: kerry74 on July 20, 2007 01:02 AM]
  • donna24577donna24577 Posts: 2,906
    Hi Donna

I am also marrying in Paphos but oct 08!

I have booked all mine with a wedding co-ordinator, and on my own. By doing this i feel much closer and in control of the plans,

With a lot of tour operators they will give you your date but not your time to marry and they seem to work out dearer.

There are lots of people on here that will be able to help you and guide you, and who have or are going through the same experience. me being one. I started planning my wedding this time last year so don't feel like you thinking to far ahead it means you have the pick of dates times and locations.
  • Pammie6871Pammie6871 Posts: 47
    Knowing what I know now I would have gone through a wedding coordinator who is based in cyprus. I paid £200 to Thomas Cook and that doesnt include anything apart from their admin fees. Dealing with a large tour company is a nightmare. You cant sort anything out until you get in resort and they only tell you the date you are getting married. Saying that, I managed to get an email address for the coordinater for Thomas Cook who very kindly told me what time im getting married. I have booked my transport for the day with a wedding coordinator from cyprus and im very happy with that(much cheaper than thomas cook), she is on the other side of the island to you though.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 903
    I am the Director of the company named by hestia16. I have contacted the Moderator to have all posts removed by hestia16 & to request that hestia16 membership is cancelled ensuring that the email address cannot be used for membership to this site. The person, hestia16, actions were well meaning, but has acted in misguided & innapropriate manner. posting notices without my personal consent, approval or knowlege. It is against my company policy to enter into any "chat room" or any "forum". The trust I had that people would adhere to this has been flouted & steps are in progress to ensure it will not happen again.She has not only brought my company into disrepute, but also, deceived the genuine people who come onto the site for assistance.

I can only apologise & trust the Moderator will work quickly in removing the "illegal" posts.

Thank you for taking time to read this & be assured that no further posts will be submitted by this person. On this occasion, I have personally used the offending user name to gain access to the site in order to contact the Moderator & extend my apologies to you all.
  • IanDBIanDB Posts: 510
    Sally Laverick The Wedding Company P.O.Box 61504 2 Dedalos Street

8134, Paphos Cyprus

Tel: 00 357 26 818400/401

Fax: 00 357 26 931993

Mob: 00 357 99 276436

www.the-weddingcompany.com

Linda Fletcher Locke Paphos Total Wedding

00357 26953121

00357 99562387

http://www.paphostotalweddings.com

[email protected]

Ruth Walton Paphos Prestige Weddings

[email protected]

00357 99389073

Igor www.IDo,com

Kev

• donna99ukdonna99uk Posts: 7
    Hi ladies,

thanks for your advice, it is very helpful, i am going to email some of the planners you have recommeded and get some prices.

I will be back on the board asknig for more advice soon, this wedding planning is hard work but exciting stuff : )

Donna99
  • ycchickycchick Posts: 81
    Hi donna,

Congratilations on your forthcomming wedding.

We are getting married in paphos in septenber 2008, and have booked ceremony, reception, hair, flowers etc with Igor from i do weddings, (ido.com.cy), and he has been fantastic.

Good luck with all your planning, its so exciting even though our wedding date seems like a lifetime away.

yvonne