Santorini 2015

My partner and I are wanting to get married in Santorini around June/July 2015 - though planning a wedding from Sydney Australia is no easy task.

We don't have a clue where to start trying to find photographers, hair & makeup contacts, legal documents, planners, venues, decorations, etc.

It will only be small & casual, around 20 guests at most. We have been looking at hotels overlooking the Caldera, so far Petit Palace, The Grace, and Gold Suites look great.
Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels before? Or had/been to a wedding at one of them?

Any advice would be great - thank you!

• Mrs pickleMrs pickle Posts: 319

I'm getting married at Dana Villas in 6 weeks and I can't wait!

Our wedding planner is Michael at weddings-in-Santorini and he has been amazing. He's given me lists of photographers, florists etc to choose from and has arranged every single thing for me

• im getting married in santorini this septemberimage i wanted dana villas but its sooo busy so weve got st irini which is very similar. ive used wedding planning company, perfectweddingsabroad. i would defo recommend a planning company. ive not heard of those hotels so dont think there an option from the uk. were staying at kastelli rersort in kamari. goodluck. i would say you have to book thinks in santorini well in advance

• zoecnzoecn Posts: 84

I'm getting married in 30 days. Cant wait, I'm from Melb. wedding planner is Poema Weddings, highly recommended. I have the same number of guests as yours, at Dana Villas - both ceremony and reception. We stay at Remezzo Villas, 1st choice was Blue Dolphin Hotel, but we need rooms for big groom. Enjoy planning. Photographer is Anna Roussos. Hair & Make up: Renia & Bella (for me) & Eleni Ilio (for my bridesmaid and MOB). Decoration - Wedding Wish. Normally the wedding planner will book for you. I recommend wedding planner, let them do all the works for you. Pre-wedding dinner is at Naoussa Taverna, and sunset cruise with Oia Santorini Sailing. Good Luck!  We also really like Cavo Ventus Villas, really nice venue & accomodation.

• Hi,

I am getting married in Santorini this year. I have a wedding planner who arranged everything for me. The venue, the flowers and all other services. For flowers Spiros rodolfos - Hair and make up Helen savva and photography Kosta Savva. She is very trustworthy and dedicated. The company is http://www.marryme.com.gr and the conatct person is Olympia

• Thanks so much for the advice everyone, some great tips here!
    Those of you getting married at Dana Villas shortly, are you able to get back to me to let me know how it was (i.e. food, drinks, ceremony area, reception area, etc.)
    Looking at the photos online it looks amazing, but since our group will be so small, i feel like their main ceremony area will be too spacious and large?
    Very exciting that yours are coming up so soon - I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!
    Zoecn - are you also able to let me know how your sunset cruise goes? We're looking at doing this with our guests also.
    Thanks!

• I think for 20 persons is just perfect - just is very hard to get the space the day you want to.

Good luck

• Mrs pickleMrs pickle Posts: 319

Well we'll only have 13 people, it doesn't look that large to be honest, I think it's just the camera angle sometimes that makes it look large! I'm so excited, will let you know how it goes. 6 weeks today!!!

• zoecnzoecn Posts: 84

Mrs pickle: I'm very excited too. less than 1 month for me. 

Alexandra Jones, sure thing, I will post review when I come back. We go with this cruise:

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g482941-d2510499-Reviews-Sunset_Oia_Sailing_Day_Tour-Oia_Santorini_Cyclades.html

We rent a private boat, we have 15 people want to join, everyone contributes, about 90 euros/ person.

I have been to the ceremony area myself, no it's not large at all, suits best for 10 - 30 people. If you have small number of guests, you can have reception there too. I went there at 2pm in April and it was hot! Let me know if you need any help. If you are still looking for invitation, I recommend this easy as well:

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/JPstationery?ref=l2-shopheader-name

• ow i just had a look at the sailing tour zoecn. it looks really good i think were gona do that. can anyone reccomend any other things to do in santorini trips etc or romantic restaurants? were thinking we need to start researching a few things to do and see

• SantoCSantoC Posts: 27

Dana Villas area is perfect for a discreet number of guests otherwise yes it may look a bit packed and overcrowded.  They are v professional and know what they're doing so won't let you down! 

Check these out for cruises:

http://www.santorini-cruises.com

We got married in Santorini 30th May - it was super beautiful!! Enjoy ladies!!!

• Hi,

I'm getting married in Santorini June 2015 too! I have gone for suites of the gods and Theros Wave Bar. I haven't had a planner just paid Suites of the Gods extra to help with the paperwork - at 350 euros for the legal assistance its a bargain compared to the planners. I am having my reception at Theros Wave Bar. We were also looking as Santo Winery. I like these two as I really wanted a nice view. Good luck with your wedding image x

• MillyMooMillyMoo Posts: 8

Hi everyone I am looking at Santorini in May 2015 but havent decided on a venue yet. I really like St Irene but would it be better to have ceremony and reception in one place. I like Danas Villas but the planners I have contacted have said its not free at all next year. I like the look of Santorini Princess too - does anyone have any feedback about this venue?

• im not sure. we are having our ceremony then going off for photos for 2 hours  after so we can get lots of lovely photos. a lot of people have them in different places just depends what you want., dana is always mage busy you could try and wait for a cancellation. santorini princess looks really nice, i thin its expensive. if you go on the bridal consultants facebook page theyve got loads of wedding there

• AEdwards2BAEdwards2B Posts: 27

I am going on my honeymoon to santorini- petit palace and it looks soooo nice and i know they do weddings

x

• SantoCSantoC Posts: 27

Dana Villas allocates the dates out to wedding planners so it's a bit of a case of finding the planner that has the date you want!! 

Santorini Princess is lovely but I'd recommend Pantheon Villas (just up from them) as they have more space, not so crammed in.

• Hi! We are getting married at Rocabella in Imervigioli next June! We visited Santorini last October and saw loads of venues, Petit Palace was one of my favourites and if we were having fewer guests I would have booked it there. It's so lovely - i've got some pics if helpful at all!

Can anyone recommend a live band? 

x

• Alex-Alex- Posts: 39

Hi Alexandra,

Your wedding sounds amazing!!

I would absolutely love to shoot your wedding and be a part of your day. I am a kent based photographer however have travelled far and wide to shoot weddings. I am expanding into destination weddings and this sounds like the most prefect avenue for my work. I am dreaming of a wedding like this! I also like to help out where I can so if you pop an email over to me at [email protected] then maybe we could go from there and see what your budget is about. 

I have a HUGE portfolio to show and would love for you to see what work I produce.

Thanks, Alex 

www.alextentersphotography.co.uk

• Hi! We have booked our weddings at Santorini 3rd June 2015 image

Can't wait! Seems so far away but so much stuff to do.. 

We will have our ceremony at St Irene and reception at Theros wave bar. Booked for 20 people, however can increase to 28!

Looking for good but not too expensive options to accommodate the guests at the moment.. 

• Hi emmy!

My name is Alexandra and i am a wedding planner in Santorini island. i have for you a great and not expensive option caldera view always.if you are interested please contact me[email protected] Our  office has 27 years of experience in Santorini island and has got full marriage packages,and can help you with accomodation car rentals limousine services excursions and everything that you need.(photographers,flowers,etc)

please feel free to contact me for anything you need

Congratulations and all the best

Alexandra Chalmpe Kritikou

•  

My name is Alexandra and i am a wedding planner in Santorini island. i have for you a great and not expensive option caldera view always.if you are interested please contact me[email protected] Our  office has 27 years of experience in Santorini island and has got full marriage packages,and can help you with accomodation car rentals limousine services excursions and everything that you need.(photographers,flowers,etc)

please feel free to contact me for anything you need

Congratulations and all the best

Alexandra Chalmpe Kritikou

• Hi girls, how is your planning going? image

I've booked accommodation already, we will stay in Kamari, Hippocampus hotel. I booked it for 2 nights for all the guest but already many replied they will want to stay there with us for the rest of the holiday, it's going to be so amazing! 

For those having ceremony at St Irene, how are you planning to arrange the altar? I really want floral arch, but hear it could be very expensive image

• Hello girls,just to say that there are many beautiful Greek islands to choose for your wedding. Hydra island is a very romantic and beautiful location.And cheaper than other destinations.I am getting married there this summer!

But,i would like to know how much does a wedding planner charge in Santorini?

• Hi BeachGirl2015,

I got married at St Irene and then had my reception at Theros, it was amazing!! you will have the best day!!... All my guests couldnt believe how beautiful the venue's were.  Congratulations you will have a fantastic wedding image xxxxx