who is best to book with???

hiya everyone

I'm looking to get married in Rhodes in 2016 and I'm nt sure who is my best to book any one can help so I know a little info on both.

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

I investigated both options and went for an independant planner, and we booked our holiday as we would any other holiday

Our reasons were that we wanted to be able to plan our day ourselves, and if you book with  a travel agent you'll get a set package rather than being able to make it an individual day. Also, a lot of feedback I found about travel agents was that you have to wait ages until you get your date & time confirmed, and you don't get a personal service

Our personal independant planner was brilliant and she was woth every penny, she even picked us up for all our appointments when we were there to save us getting taxis.

We got quotes from a few independant planners before deciding who to go with, I'd email a few to get an idea of what they can offer, and how quickly they get back to you

• HydrogirlHydrogirl Posts: 809

i might be completely off here but when i was looking it was super expensive to book a wedding package with the travel agent - a holiday may cost say £800 to the same place at the same time but for them to 'help' plan ur wedding the prices more than doubled - which i dont think they can justify

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,163 New bride

Thats brill advice as I was going to book with a travel agents then it got me thinking I dont know anything amd if are goin to double the price its a bit of a joke I susuppose Iif I boom with a planner I can book my hholiday with anyone and might find a cheaper holiday.

Has  anyone heard of unforgettable rhodes weddings they got intouch quickly and seemed really helpful

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

Yep, book your holiday however you like, you don't have to tie that to your wedding booking image

I haven't heard of them but I never really looked into Rhodes as a destination, see if theres a FB group for Rhodes brides you might get some feedback there

ya I found the company on fb with good reviews and iv looked into them so iv actually booked my wedding with them now for June 2016 dead happy now thanks for anyone's advice you have been a great help x

• jasjas Posts: 23

Great advice cheers !

• Hi Manniontob16 

I see you have booked your wedding is that including your stay at hotel too? Just am looking to book for 2016 but all am getting back is prices for holiday isnt out yet so I dont know how much its going to cost for the actually 2 week stay and to give family and friends an idea in how much they would need to pay to get there and stay

hiya

no I haven't booked my holiday yet with prices not coming out till April 2015 so what I did was a little info sheet for family and friends of where we r getting married and just some prices for next year holidays as prices won't be much different as I asked the travel agents. I'm just happy that wedding is booked and I have my date and time x

• hiya,

Can I ask then if you have already booked your wedding and have you date what if you cant get a holiday booked around the date of your wedding as you have to be in Cyprus a few days before marrying. Would they consider changing date for you? Am just bit scared of actually booking wedding package first in case I cant get a 2 week holiday around that time. Can I ask what wedding planner have you gone with I have got few names already which I need to send emails to but am struggling on which month at the min as was thinking May or June but been told today that kids may be having exams that time of month so need to look into July now, which month have you picked if you don't mind me asking.

its ok I'm booking to good week before we r due to get married and have a two week holiday so it all works that we will defo be there long enough. I'm not sure about if you confirm then need to change you would have to ask them. What I did was I emailed a fee wedding planners online see who got back to me then had a look on facebook to see how good they are and got some good reviews. I am.so organised and.feel so much better doing it this way they help with all.legal documents just tell them everythin u want in the email and they will get back to you any more questions feel free ask happy to help xx

•  the romantic Sorrent Amalfi coast, the dream of your life can become true... here in our breathtaking landscape, kissed by the sun and the sea, you can achieve the ceremony you've always wanted!

What we could do for you:

The handling of all required paperwork

Religious marriage (including interpreter)

Civil ceremony

Selection and booking of ceremony venue: private villas, hotels, castels, cocktails bar, restaurants, lounge bar, agrotourisms

Catering

Make up and hairdresser

Photo album and video service

Bouquet and flower decoration

Music

Entertainment for younger guests

Transfers, shuttle service

Advice and arrangements for accommodation in hotels, private villas, country houses

Honeymoon

Private tours with English speaking local guide in Sorrento, Amalfi coast, Capri Ischia

for info and contact Raffaella 0039 0818785780 - [email protected]

• Could you let me know how much your fee's are for all this please? do you have a website I could look at for more information please? I have decided on hotel for wedding and reception and what hotel I want my 2 week holiday at, just need to start booking and planning xx

• Hi Ann.Marie2,

Could you send me your e-mail? I'll send you all program with the details

thanks

Best Regards

Raffaella

• Thank you 

Email address is [email protected]

Xx