Forum home Weddings abroad

anyone planning their own with travel agents? ??

Hi,

I'm planning on getting married in Mexico in Jan 2016 and after months and months of going round in circles with prices, waiting for flights prices to come out, choosing a hotel ect ect im thinking of just doing it myself without booking it through the travel agents but to be honest I do not know where to start and im worried sonething will go conpletely wrong!!!! Has anyone got any advice from experience on this??? Thanks 

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,342 New bride

hiya

I'm getting married in Rhodes 2016 and I was like u just waiting and waiting then I spoke to someone on here and they told me that going with a travel agent is a bad idea because firstly it take up to 8 weeks till u get your wedding date when emailing them they can take a while to get in touch, when I email Thomson to ask them a question it took weeks to get back to.me so so I googled wedding planners in Rhodes I emailed a few and they all got back intouch with me within a day or two I picked the one I wanted and with in a fews after picking the date I wanted it was booked just like that and I paided the deposit two weeks later I now have a reception venue booked over and photographer

I hope this has helped you with ur decision

• Hi

If you are looking for someone to help you plan and book your honeymoon, I have over 20 I years experience in arranging my clients holidays and honeymoons all over the world. I know how frustrating it can be, but rest assured there is always someone to take the pressure away. I work from home and can meet with you to discuss should you wish.

If you would like my help you can e-mail me at [email protected] with your requirements.Jacqui