Forum home Weddings abroad

Ravello destination wedding advice

1234568»

• Aww Victoria,

so glad it was all u hoped for. I had a nosy at your pictures and you look a million Dollars. Love ur dress!!

I leave on Friday and I am super excited. Packed my case today. 

any crucial must dos or donts?

xxx

• Leaf,

i marry on the 8th and we are also having a civil ceremony and I double checked with my planner and he is allowing us to do our own vows.

thats strange yours is saying you cant.

Melanie x

• Happy Wedding Day Melanie!

I am beyond jealous, I would give anything to be in Ravello having my day all over again!

I hope everything is perfect for you- I know it will be! Enjoy and drink it all in- can't wait to see photos!! I'll be thinking of you this afternoon!

xxx

• imageThanks so much Victoria,

it was a dream from start to finish!! only returned from honeymoon and like you want to start over and do it all again. I have attached a wee picture for u. Xxximage

• Waaaaaa you look amazing. I actually found you on instagram (stalker much). I can't stop looking the ravellowedding hashtag and drowning in jealousy of everyone else!

Was it as perfect as you imagined?

• Niki_84Niki_84 Posts: 77

Melanie!!! You look AMAZING!! Your sleeves are beautiful!

Victoria, absolutely loved your pics too - came across them by accident and now follow you on insta!

This was such an amazing forum for the planning. Thank you ladies!

N xx

• Thanks Niki! Let me know who you are on insta- I want to see your pictures!

• Hello Ladies :)

I'm new to this forum and just been looking through the FAB pictures you've all posted!

My Fiancee and i are keen to get married on the Amalfi coast in May/June 2018, we were looking at booking Villa Eva for 70-80 guests. We're reached out to Mario at Wagner tours who has been EXCELLENT so far. I wanted to get a rough idea of the cost of having a wedding at this venue? We're working on a fairly tight budget.

Does anyone have any advice or feedback on previous experiences? Also, please let me know where your guests stayed after the wedding. I hope to hear back from you lovely people soon. 

Natalie X

• GillP2GillP2 Posts: 332

Hi Natalie 

my best friend got married in Villa Eva, it was absolutely stunning but I have to be honest and say if you're on a tight budget Ravello/Amalfi coast may not be for you. 

There are additional taxes at most venues in this area and the venues themselves do not come cheap. 

Id maybe look at other Italian areas to consider if these are doable on a tight budget xx

• Hello everyone,

Villa Eva offers the best price-quality ratio of the venues on the Amalfi Coast, so if you are on a tighter budget this is a great option to consider.

But, as Gill mentioned above, the thing is that the Amalfi Coast is more expensive than other areas of Italy on pretty much everything.

Puglia is very up-and-coming so prices are very reasonable, you can also get great value for money in Tuscany too. If you have fallen in love with the Coast though, then you can't go wrong with Villa Eva- they are lovely.

Happy planning!

Best wishes,

Catherine x

• Hi Gill, Caroline,

Thanks for your advise here, we're going to call Wagner tours to find out a bit more about the pricing to see if its possible for us. Will the prices vary between wedding planners? We were also looking at Sorento, do you know if that area is much cheaper? 

In the meantime, time for us to get saving!

Nat Xx

• Hi Nat,

Yes prices usually do vary between wedding planners, also with the quality and kind of services that they offer and so on.

Sorrento may not be that much cheaper and as I said Villa Eva offers by far the best price/quality ratio that I know of- at least in my opinion anyway. Villa Eliana in Massa Lubrense, Sorrento is also reasonable.

I realised I didn't mention above that I am a wedding planner working across Italy- I am English myself and am based in Amalfi so know Villa Eva very well as I am often in Ravello with it being so close. I would be happy to provide a quote if you wanted- I am not sure what Wagner Tours charge but their offices are near Villa Eva so they tend to recommend them. Feel free to send me an email if you would like more information: [email protected]

Best wishes,

Catherine x

• LDee335LDee335 Posts: 4

Hello everyone, 

I needed some help if possible. I have booked Villa Eva for August next year, but I am apprehensive about additional costs such as the lights. Does anyone have any information on how much the lights etc. cost?

Also, how much did people's centrepieces cost?

I like to be organised and just want to make sure I have these details budgeted for. 

Any help would be so appreciated xxx

• LDee335 wrote (see post):

Hello everyone, 

I needed some help if possible. I have booked Villa Eva for August next year, but I am apprehensive about additional costs such as the lights. Does anyone have any information on how much the lights etc. cost?

Also, how much did people's centrepieces cost?

I like to be organised and just want to make sure I have these details budgeted for. 

Any help would be so appreciated xxx

Hi,

I'm getting married in Villa Eva September 2018.

I think the lights are 200 euro which is CRAZY but I REALLY want them. When did you book your wedding? which planner are you using? :)

• LDee335LDee335 Posts: 4

I am using Mario. I am definitely having them too!

The costs for things are kind of crazy but it does look beautiful! Are you using him as your planner too? x