Wedding in Malta - Dream Days

hi everyone,

looking to to get married in Malta in Sept 2016, had a quote from Dream Days for Dolmen hotel resort - having our ceremony by the ocean and reception on the terrace.

just wondered if anyone else has been married there and what thier thoughts were? And if there's anything not included in the standard packages that I should think about? 

or just any info anyone would think is helpful! 

thank you image

Emma

• mileymiley Posts: 34

I googled Malta now and it looks beautiful image

• Ruth36Ruth36 Posts: 1

Hi Emma,

I am a wedding and events planner but have never organised a wedding at the dolmen hotel resort. Looking at the website it looks beautiful. I normally visit venues before I recommend the venues. It would be a good idea to visit the venue if that is not an option you should look at some reviews. 

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g608946-d283134-r131569768-Dolmen_Resort_Hotel-St_Paul_s_Bay_Island_of_Malta.html

https://www.holidaywatchdog.com/1707-Qawra-Dolmen_Resort_Hotel-Holiday-Review.html

Also have a look at the legal requirements to get married in Malta and make sure everything on the documents is spelled correctly. 

http://maltaweddings.co.uk/malta-wedding-services/getting-married-in-malta/

Unfortunately I won't be able to tell if there is anything not included in the standard package as I don't know what the standard package is.  Make sure the standard package is clear on what is included and carefully read the contract. Once you know what is not included get quotes from the venue and ask if you are allowed to use external suppliers (mostly cheaper). 

Hope this helps!

Ruth

• Mary2810Mary2810 Posts: 6

I too want weeding in Malta!

• Emma218Emma218 Posts: 2

Thanks so much for the info Ruth! It's a scary thought getting married abroad so just want to make sure everything is covered! 

coming over to malta in May to see the venue, can't wait! Never been before! The dolmen hotel does look fantastic although it is a little pricey for rooms so going to have a look around nearby hotels and see if we can get a good deal for all our guests to stay together somewhere nice but not too pricey. 

Does anyone one have any recommendations for nice hotels in St Paul's bay area? With entertainment and wifi etc? 

• If any of you lovely brides are looking for a wedding photographer, I am currently offering a great package for weddings abroad, as I am trying to expand my business into international wedding photography. Feel free to have a look at my websitewww.dbphotographysussex.com or on my facebook page www.facebook.com/DBPhotoSussex or give me an email[email protected] 

• Holly44Holly44 Posts: 1

Hi Emma

Ive been looking at the Dolmen too. I have personal experience of Dream Days and they are really great planners! I've been to malta before but never to the dolmen so I just wondered how you got on with your visit?? 

Thanks!! 

• Lydia13Lydia13 Posts: 3

Hi everyone

I'm a professional harpist and pianist residing in Malta. I can assure everyone that the island is lovely and numerous foreign couples come and get married in Nalta .

I am offering special packages when taking both the ceremony and reception. Various ensembles and solo instruments. If interested contact me on [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes