Getting married abroad just us and the kids!

So after stressing over so many different things myself and fiance are now thinking of just going abroad us and the kids to get married and having a party over here when we get back.

Has anyone else done this and can you recommend anywhere?? What did you do after the ceremony did you have a meal the 4 of you or just go back to hotel and get changed? Any advice welcome! Also did you book everything through travel agents or do it yourself?

Thinking of Cyprus given what's going on in Greece at the min and Caribbean is too far with the kids.

thanks in advance xxx

• It`s a great idea to celebrate just in circle of family;) We got married last year in Maldives. We trusted our wedding organization to this agency http://thesevenagency.com/destination/maldives/honeymoon/romantic-runaway-from-switzerland . Everything was prepared at the highest possible level. 

• fabiennefabienne Posts: 28

We're getting married in Santorini,we are not facing any problems at all!

• Miss G to Mrs G,

I am a wedding planner in Crete and things are carrying on as normal. We have had no problems at all with our 2015 weddings, and are taking bookings for 2016 as usual.

We often get smaller wedding parties (with just close family), not everyone brings 50 guests with them. If you want a relaxing holiday and wedding, then you and your family would be just perfect!

Congratulations!

Beverley

• I'm looking at Dominican Republic, the flight is about 8h so i think its not too bad. and comparing prices Cyprus versus Dominican Republic, just think it's going to be nicer to go Caribbean. Cyprus seems to be so expensive!

• Your right Joanna cyprus does seem to be so expensive Compared to everywhere else.

we just dismissed the Caribbean straight away given the length of the flights but maybe we should have a look after all just not sure if our children would enjoy it as much.

xx

• Miss g 2 Mrs g wrote (see post):

"Your right Joanna cyprus does seem to be so expensive Compared to everywhere else.

we just dismissed the Caribbean straight away given the length of the flights but maybe we should have a look after all just not sure if our children would enjoy it as much.

xx"

--

Hi there,

Before you dismiss Cyprus, the island of love, maybe you could consider what the Golden Coast Beach Hotel in Protaras, Cyprus has to offer? It is a stunning hotel and is great for families. Flights from the UK to Cyprus are a lot cheaper than those to the Dominican Republic and the wedding packages the Golden Coast offer are of exceptional value compared to other venues in the UK even!

Just a thought - I hope you find your dream wedding location!

Jenny

• Just had a look there it does look lovely but still coming up nearly 3 grand just for a week which seems an awful lot and that's in June not even in school holidays!

• Hi there,

If you give me some dates and where you want to fly from;  I do not do flights -  but I can investigate and get you a price for accommodation and the wedding.

I could possibly get you a much better deal than that.  Did you check out the web page ?

I am the UK representative so if you want to chat you can get my phone number from the web page.  I did a quote for someone the other day for June 2016, which I have copied in below. If you take a look, it was for 2 weeks (all inclusive) and the wedding totalling less than £3000. As you will see they got one day free of charge in the package and a great price for the wedding too.   I know she got her flights for £600.

Please be sure to check it out, as a week will be less than this!

Jenny

----

Grand Package = €1200.00
    Municipality fees to be paid directly on arrival = €281.92
    Usage fees for civil wedding area (included in package) = €0.00
    Reception area - TBC once numbers are clear (if restaurant) = €0.00
    Two tier wedding cake (free of charge) = €0.00

13 nights accommodation on an all inclusive basis = €1880.00
    One night free of charge from the grand package = €0.00

Total quotation costing = €3361.92

----

€3361.92 converted from euro into sterling using xe.com = £2,472.08 

Just had a look there it does look lovely but still coming up nearly 3 grand just for a week which seems an awful lot and that's in June not even in school holidays!

Feel free to PM me as well if you have any further questions, otherwise contact details can be found on the weddings webpage.

I hope I have been of some help.

Jenny

• Hi jenny 

We're thinking beginning of June 2017 but I've been pricing up for next year just to give us an idea of how much it will cost for the 4 of us.

Not sure if you will be able to do anything for 2017 but if you can we would be flying from Manchester.

many thanks xx

Hi jenny 

We're thinking beginning of June 2017 but I've been pricing up for next year just to give us an idea of how much it will cost for the 4 of us.

Not sure if you will be able to do anything for 2017 but if you can we would be flying from Manchester.

many thanks xx

Hi again,

It is lovely to hear back from you and it will be my great pleasure to assist you.

If you can PM me your email address on here, I can send you some more information and begin to investigate so I can send you a rough quotation for that time period.

Jenny

• Have sent you some information please come back to me if you need anything further.

I remain at your disposal.

Jenny

• Hi There, 

Myself and husband got married in Tuscany this July, we got married in a small hotel and had the most fabulous lady do our vows Tuscan Pledges is the company, if you want more details feel free to PM me. It was beautiful, we got married at sunset and then had a candle lit meal just the two of us in the gardens. The hotel were fabulous and didn't charge us any extra to allow us to do this as it was so small. 

It wasn't legal, we did a legal ceremony in Siena town hall and this did start adding to the price. You could easily just make it legal back at home. Please do email me if you want anymore details!

Good luck, you will have the most amazing day xx

• GulnazGulnaz Posts: 20

Hi!

If you want a small wedding just for 4 - then may be Slovenia? There are lots of possibilities for intimate wedding - for example small castle Tabor - ideal place for 4! There is also a fancy restaurant in the castle. Picturesque landscapes for shooting.  You will be pleased with prices there.

Local wedding planner here:

http://weddingalchemy.ru/wedding

• Hi there!

We're independent wedding planners in Cyprus. We've planned several weddings just for the couple or the family and we can come up with a beautiful setting for you and your special ones! How does the attached picture feel to you??
    We can also help you find some decent, budget accommodation, if you're on a budget.
    Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or PM our FB page Allbridesonboard - Cyprus Personalized Wedding Packages for more info and advice!! Happy planning! :):)image