Help needed for venue abroad and accommodation

Hi all,

So myself and partner would like to get married abroad with up to 40 close friends and family.

Our ideal situation would be to get married and have our reception in an intimate location away from other hotel guests and public eye. Doesn't need to be anything fancy as the day will be about togetherness rather than extravagance.

We also want to pay for accommodation for our 40 guests and again want it to be fairly intimate without having many holiday goers and other wedding parties surrounding us. So a nice B&B or small hotel would be perfect.

We'd like to be quite close to the UK so commuting and flight costs for passengers will be kept to a minimum.

Can anyone help with ideas? We seem to be hitting a dead end.

We have a budget of around £5-7k - not sure if this is unrealistic for our needs. Would be great to hear some real stories and/or costs involved.

Thanks in advance for you help

S x

• Have a look at Hotel Lapad in Dubrovnik? I stayed there previously and loved it, there was a wedding there and it was stunning. Croatia is on its own currency with good exchange rates, Dubrovnik is stunning and its only a 2 and half hour flight from Gatwick.it is an easy jet route too. Can't recommend it enough xx

• Definitely check out Lisa from Hitched in Italy.  Your budget is totally realistic for a northern Tuscan wedding.  It sounds quite similar to my own wedding.

You can rent out a whole farmhouse for all of your guests and have a great Tuscan meal with wine etc... Pisa airport is less than a 2 hour flight from England

www.hitchedinitaly.com

Good Luck. x

• I recently went to a beautiful wedding in Italy, about 30km from Rome. It overlooks a beautiful lake and the ceremony was held outside, utterly stunning because of the amazing view. The Pope apparently has a house on the other side of the lake for his holidays! It was the most lovely wedding I have ever attended, and was a fraction of the cost and not as grand as some fancy weddings I have been to, yet was much better.

La Locanda del Pontefice - Via dei Laghi, Km 8, Marino, Italia

There were 50 guests at this wedding and it was just lovely, beautiful food in the evening and wonderful staff. Nice rooms there to stay, I don't know how many rooms, but there is also a nice hotel next door if you need to overflow. I don't know the cost as I was a guest but I highly recommend this place, it was just a dream location. The hotel set up a lovely floral wedding arch in the garden overlooking the lake, apparently that was included along with floral displays on the chairs and next to the aisle. The couple provided their own table decorations for the dining room  -vintage mismatched coloured glass vases filled with wild flowers.

http://lalocandadelpontefice.it/en/

• hi we had our legal ceremony this month and are  having our Spanish blessing just outside Marbella near estepona. flights leave from the uk every day to Malaga airport - 3 hour flight roughly. and we have organised a wedding planner through a company called Rachel Rose Weddings - she has the most beautiful locations. we are having a private villa with mountain views for our blessing and private catering. its going to be magical. if you want more info I can supply you it? She has a facebook page you should look at her photos! I cannot wait - good luck xx

• Dear Sarah,

Congratulations for your Wedding !

For an intimate wedding, lake Orta and all the lake district in Italy is absolutely fabulous and romantic.

We offer private venues so you are JUST you and your guests.

Do not hesitate to look at our website: www.ilpavonebianco.com

We are very easy to reach as Orta San Giulio is about 30/40 minutes from Milano Malpensa Airport and the flight from London is maybe, 1h30/2h00 !

Have a nice day

Marlene

• Hi Sarah525,

Congratulations for your forthcoming wedding. One of the most popular places for a destination wedding in Europe is Cyprus and more specifically the beautiful Paphos; a cosmopolitan resort with historic and ancient sites and beautiful sands with crystal clear waters. Renting a villa is a new unique trend for destination weddings and especially for an intimate wedding, away from all the other hotel guests or public eye, as you desire.

Panorama Wedding Cyprus Villas is a small local family business which can rent you one or two of their private luxury villas in a rural area of Peyia-Paphos, to transform them to the wedding venue of your dreams. They specialize to small intimate weddings and their services and wedding packages have left all of their guests pleased since it is cheaper than booking a hotel for accommodation, for the wedding ceremony and reception.

The villas are suitable to accommodate up to 100 sitting guests for the wedding ceremony and reception and to sleep up to 31 guests. Extra beds can be provided at an extra price. If you book your wedding directly from the owners they can provide you with a 10%-20% discount on car rentals.

Please for more info visit the Panorama Wedding Cyprus Villas website: https://www.weddingcyprusvillas.com/ and have a look at the virtual tour of the two majestic villas (Panorama Villa 360 Degree Virtual Tour and Oceania Villa 360 Degree Virtual Tour).

Thank you

• GulnazGulnaz Posts: 20

Hi Sara525!

First, lets congratulate you on forthcoming wedding!

I would like to draw your attention to wedding in Slovenia. Slovenia is a small country in the heart of Europe with plenty of possibilities for wedding. The prices are lower than anywhere in Europe but it doesn't mean poor quality. There are many locations for intimate wedding. For your wedding you can rent a small family hotel.  Visit http://weddingalchemy.ru/wedding

We will be happy to meet you in Slovenia!