In need of some serious advice!

Hi everyone,

So I have recently got engaged at I am looking at getting married abroad. I do not know where to even start. We have always dreamed of getting married in Cuba, but with ageing parents, it is not looking too likely. So we thought maybe somewhere like Italy but am aware that the travel agents can rip you off so would like any advice on where to start and things I need to know!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi Emma,

We are getting married in Italy as it's a beautiful country and close enough and reasonably priced for all of our nearest and dearest to travel to.

Firstly, you need to decide what region you are looking to marry in and then I'm sure the advice will come flooding in x

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride

My boss is getting married in Portugal and she has employed a wedding planner over there who has been completely invaluable for her. It's meant that she hasn't had to go through a travel agent and there has been no language barrier as the wedding planner acts as a go-between. She even met them at the airport and drove them round venues etc, as well as giving lists of suppliers and prices. I think she paid about 1200 euros for the service of the wedding planner which has been great value. So I would recommend you find someone similar to help you out!

• Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride

I am getting married in Cyprus in 2017. We are using All Brides in Board and they have been really tentative. They gave us several packages to look at and they were all reasonably priced. We have now settled for Galu Sea Slife Venue in Laranca. Booking with a local company means you get advisers who have had first hand experience with there venue/hotels etc. And they are often cheaper than travel agents too.

Good luck!

• We are getting married in South West France, the venue and location are perfect for us as we too have elderly relatives attending so travel close enough for comfort. Our planner is organising loads for us including travel arrangements and accommodation. Definitely money well spent and after looking at other countries we realise France is by far our best option.

good luck!!

• GulnazGulnaz Posts: 20

Hi Emma!

I am a local wedding planner in Slovenia. There are lots of possibilities for weddings. Venues to any taste. And less than 2 hours to fly. We support our clients on every stage 24/7 and you don't need to apply to travel agent. You can see some of our weddings here: http://weddingalchemy.ru/wedding

And of course reasonable prices!

• Hello Emma , my name is Antonella and I live in Italy .
    Here we have fantastic places to get married . the south and its coasts offer breathtaking scenery.
    Sorrento, Positano and Vietri are some of our fantastic spots
    </pre>

• If you want Greece -we can suggest lovey locations

You can sent us an email at [email protected] 

or visit our site http://www.marryme.com.gr 

or visit our blog http://blog.marryme.com.gr/2015/11/simply-elegant-santorini-wedding.html