Dana Villas Santorini

Hi all fellow future wives!

Has anyone used perfect weddings abroad to book a wedding at the Dana Villas in Santorini? Or has anyone had their wedding in Santorini? If so, how many guests did you have?

We originally thought we would have around 26 guests and the information provided by perfect weddings abroad said up to 36. Our original invite list has grown slightly but we worked within the 36 guest bit. The info provided from Dana Villas said 24 seated guests so we thought that meant we could have additional standing ones as from all the photos we have seen there are some people standing.

However, we have now just heard back from perfect weddings abroad who have said that we can have 30 people. Including my husband to be and I. I'm having a complete panic - firstly because we won't even have our final guest numbers until next year so it might be below the maximum but it might not. Second, I'm wondering if we should change our venue but we've already paid a deposit to Dana Villas.

I'm probably over reacting (it's not been a great year anyway) but I just want some advice really!!

Also if anyone has any info on perfect weddings abroad themselves that would be great. Our wedding coordinator who sent us through all of the details on different venues before we booked was fantastic. But once we paid our deposit to perfect weddings the concierge team have been slow in responding to us, failed to give us information regarding our deposit to Dana Villas and have just generally been a bit disappointing and now I'm worried if I've chosen the wrong company....

Thanks

Holly xx

• Hi Holly,

why don´t you call Dana directly? They can give you these Information from first Hand.

I booked Dana on my own, without a planner and they always reply very fast. I book all the other vendors on my own, so you don´t really need a planner if you take a little bit more time for searching. I only use the planner: Lov Wed, local company, very helpful, to arrange the celebrant.

Dana is really a beautiful place on the photos and I have also seen weddings there with more people, although we are only 11.

Hope it helped: Adri

• Hi Adri

Thanks for the tip :) we've heard and can only have a maximum of 28 guests. Apparently Dana have updated their information and perfect weddings abroad haven't updated theirs. So we've gone to work on our guest list instead and have got it down to a manageable number. 

When are you getting married? Are you going anywhere after dana?

We are getting married on 3 August 2017 at sunset and having a canapé and drinks reception at the villa for a couple of hours and then going on to wherever we can find after that. Just local tavernas or something.Having a reception party in the UK when we get back :) 

Holly

• Dear Holly,

Yes you can call Dana Villas and to speak with manager Panos or Giannis, they will help you for sure. We had our wedding in Santorini and the place was amazing.

The maximum number of the guests is 28 but if you will speak directly with them they can make an exception for sure. Dana Villas is in Imerovigli which is the most beautiful place in Santorini for shoots, they have amazing background and you will love it.

We choose Ben Photography for our photography and videography and we highly recommend them, they help us with any detail and also they gave us a gift coupon for our wedding decoration from Fabio Zardi. If you want amazing shoots here is their facebook page is:  https://www.facebook.com/benos.rigas

Hope to help you! 

July :)

• Adrienn2Adrienn2 Posts: 4

Hi Holly,

our wedding is on the 13th of July this year only 120 days to go, just checked. Afterwards I will post a Review about everything, hope the day will be beautiful.

First we also invited all friends and Family we liked to come, but as it came to the booking process most of them denied and said they have other plans. Right now we have 9 guests :D but booked initially 18 guests and reduced the booking without Problems at Dana`s. So please consider that some People who you invite this year, will say next year that they have other plans.

We will have the ceremony at 6 p.m. afterwards drinks and cake, after the sunset at 9 p.m. also the dinner at Dana´s, they seem to have nice menus.

So far we also booked the photographer: http://hadjiphoto.com/gallery

Flower and decoration will come from Betty flower

Wedding cake is from Lixioudis

After the dinner it will be already midnight, we don´t now yet, if we go somewhere else, maybe to a bar near Dana or just back to our Hotel in Perissa, we will decide maybe just after the dinner...

So you still have more than one year to plan, I couldn`t wait so Long, don´t know how you do it :D

• Julianna21 wrote (see post):

Dear Holly,

Yes you can call Dana Villas and to speak with manager Panos or Giannis, they will help you for sure. We had our wedding in Santorini and the place was amazing.

The maximum number of the guests is 28 but if you will speak directly with them they can make an exception for sure. Dana Villas is in Imerovigli which is the most beautiful place in Santorini for shoots, they have amazing background and you will love it.

We choose Wedfilms and Ben for our photography and videography and we highly recommend them, they help us with any detail and also they gave us a gift coupon for our wedding decoration from Fabio Zardi. If you want amazing shoots here is their website www.wedfilmstudio.gr

Hope to help you! 

July :)

Hi July 

Thank you responding. Sorry I have only just seen this! We will definitely contact them directly and ask them if they can extend. I doubt we will have much more but want to be free to invite people without worrying about the numbers. 

We are waiting to see if we can have the venue for the whole night and have some snacks and dancing :) 

X

• Adrienn2 wrote (see post):

Hi Holly,

our wedding is on the 13th of July this year only 120 days to go, just checked. Afterwards I will post a Review about everything, hope the day will be beautiful.

First we also invited all friends and Family we liked to come, but as it came to the booking process most of them denied and said they have other plans. Right now we have 9 guests :D but booked initially 18 guests and reduced the booking without Problems at Dana`s. So please consider that some People who you invite this year, will say next year that they have other plans.

We will have the ceremony at 6 p.m. afterwards drinks and cake, after the sunset at 9 p.m. also the dinner at Dana´s, they seem to have nice menus.

After the dinner it will be already midnight, we don´t now yet, if we go somewhere else, maybe to a bar near Dana or just back to our Hotel in Perissa, we will decide maybe just after the dinner...

So you still have more than one year to plan, I couldn`t wait so Long, don´t know how you do it :D

Hi Adrienn 

Thanks for replying :) cannot wait to see your review and hopefully some pictures! We are very excited and the time is going by so fast already next August will come around before we know it!

We've just been talking about the ceremony- it will be conducted in Greek we assume but want to know if we could say our own vows. Are you guys doing this? 

Holly x

• GillP2GillP2 Posts: 332
    Adrienn2 wrote (see post):

Hi Holly,

You must be so excited, only a few days to go now!!!! We have just booked Santorini (Dana Villas and Theros Bar) for June 2018, you must upload some pictures when you are home and let us all know how it goes!

xxx