Wedding abroad? Pls help me decide! X

Hi my partner proposed to me valentines wknd just gone.  I'm already so excited! 

We both know we want it to be abroad and I have been searching and searching and searching 😖 im all out of ideas now and haven't a clue where to at least research! 

we know we both want it hot and a beautiful white beach setting that's for definite! We have been browsing the Caribbean but it's looking so expensive :( 

• Around July/august time

• we want friends and family to attend

• not really any more than 6/7 ish hours flight time

• children will be attending so a safe place with child friendly beaches

• we want somewhere with plenty of different things to do and experience like tropical places offer (Nothing like ancient ruins or museums). More water based. 

• budget of around £9,000 mark 

Am I asking for to much 😕 my auntie got married last year in zante Greece which was lovely so that's off the menu as I want to be different. Hope someone can help me decide xx 

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

What about Turkey? My friend got married in Kalkan and it is beautiful. Lots of watersports, hot and sunny (not much on the beach side) very good for children and good value.

Only thing I would say is that time of year it will be VERY hot so keep that in mind while planning your outfit / locations etc.

• Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride

We were getting married on a beach and cannot wait. Our package costs 8000euros for 40 guests (accommodation and flights not included)

• we are going for italy - close enough to UK for plenty of people to come, some gorgeous lakes etc? Or perhaps look into canary islands? Good luck! x

• Spain, Costa Del Sol....short flight, lovely beaches, hot weather and very children friendly :) Your budget will go so far here as well x

• My partner isn't to keen on turkey so that's a no go. 

I have looked at Italy but heard it's also very expensive. Done a little research on it and seems to be more green settings or high up in the hills .. Maybe I've searched wrong. 

Wanted a little further than Spain also. 

oh god I'm sounding very fussy already haha 🙆🏼 X 

what about Croatia? Not sure how easy it is to get married there, but that might have the far away / not too far you are looking for.

Why is your partner not keen on Turkey?

• At present he dosent feel like the country is stable enough to be planning such a large event 😕 

Quickly looked at Croatia earlier but maybe I need to search the area a little more.

i was searching this morning and clicked on something (haven't a clue what) and Bermuda was staring at me and reading into the place I fell in love. 6 1/2 hour flight time.. Beautiful things to see and do.. White/pink sand and that wow setting.

But my joy was short lived when my partner did a little more research and at the time of year we want to go there is an average rainfall 13 days per month 😪 And I want quarenteed weather X 

If you want good weather in July / August the Caribbean is perhaps not a good idea.

Look into Croatia a bit more, I went there a few years ago and it was lovely.

Turkey is fine. The friend that married there, married a Turkish guy and they live in Kalkan now. She posted a thing that showed that it is as far from Kalkan and the tourist resorts in Turkey to the 'slightly' more dangerous areas as it is from London to Munich....

• We're going to Croatia for our honeymoon and have been to Istria many times before - it's absolutely amazing, especially around August. Slovenia and Croatia are also very budget friendly. 

Alternatively, maybe Asia? Thailand or the Philippines  have amazing beaches :)

• Would love to experience Thailand but it's an 11 hour flight 😕 I have said to my h2b maybe we need to go a little more closer to home (still abroad) but then fly out to somewhere else once married X 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,013 New bride

How about Cyprus? If we had got married abroad it would have been at Konnos bay in Cyprus- it's so beautiful. There's perfect beaches and it will be HOT at that time of year. We have been to Turkey and Cyprus and prefer Cyprus 100%. Worth looking into!

We are getting married in Cyprus and honeymooning in Thailand (hopefully)

• i have looked at a few in Cyprus because that kept coming up loads but looks like that's really the only option atm so I'll give Cyprus a good bit of research. 

We have both never been Cyprus before, partner isn't keen but he dosent research like i do lol 

last year my aunts wedding in tsilivi in zante was very nice the area was lovely and traditional rather than a popular British resort and loads of lovely little streets and restaurants which I loved but I want a little more in the way of a beautiful beach setting.

whats Cyprus like? X 

This is our venue https://www.facebook.com/galuseaside/?fref=ts which is on the beach. I haven't actually been before but cannot wait!

• looks lovely! 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,013 New bride

If we had got married in Cyprus (we did consider it, but due to family ruled it out) we would have chosen the Grecian Park hotel on Konnos Bay. It's a large hotel so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it's on a cliff top overlooking my fave beach in Cyprus! We used to visit there often as my granny lived in Protaras nearby and it's a small but completley charming beach.

http://www.grecianpark.com/

Just a starting point for your research in what is available! I'm sure there's soooo many more options- big hotels, small ones, private beaches, beach bars, restaurants...

• Yes I need large as we both have large families 😁

Def want beach and outside daytime and evening .. I have a very energetic 5 year old and wouldnt want the cliff top panic.. Lol Will be other younger children there also. 

What part in Cyprus is nicest? As in beauty and not to 'british' X 

• Why not Italy? around July Amalfi coast is just perfect check it out xxx

Any question about it let  me knowxx

• Heard amalfi is beautiful and sorrento is it? 

What are their beaches like x x

• Sara50Sara50 Posts: 196

We are getting married in sorrento, it's beautiful but if it's beaches you are after then it's probably not for you!  If Italy appeals to you have a look at Sicily or sardinia as they have gorgeous sandy beaches. We are heading to sardinia after the wedding staying in a small village  on the Costa semeldra. There are lots of places that are unspoilt where you won't find hoards of British tourists! 

• We are getting married at this place https://www.facebook.com/luxuryweddingsinfrance it's not on the beach though but is about a 40 minute drive from it. We wanted France due to easy access, not too far away knowing that everyone would be able to go that we wanted. We visited it and fell in love with everything about it. Very reasonably priced as well.

Good luck and let us know where you decide to book, it's so exciting.

Marie -x-

• Yes my partner suggested sicily. Think we have a lot of searching to do and it's going to take a while to decide. 

dont feel like I'm getting very far googling places though so do you think it would be better going into a travel agents First maybe? X 

• Marie your place looks stunning X 

• As a teacher we always have to have our main summer break in July and August.  I want guaranteed sunshine, so that means several places are not an option - Caribbean, Florida etc as it's hurricane season and plenty of rain (even if warm and dry most of the day), anywhere south of the equator, Indian Ocean (eg Mauritius etc). 

Dubai and Abu Dhabi are probably too hot for you at that time of year but there are some great beaches, the flight time is right and the weather is definitely dry!  You can't marry there, unfortunately.

It will be similarly hot in Cyprus at that time of year though.

• Think that's maybe why a lot of people choose Cyprus So sounds like a top 5 destination to me! 👍🏻

we defiantly want plenty to do.. We get itchy feet lol 

Check out this group if you are interested in Cyprus https://www.facebook.com/groups/323478251171649/?fref=ts it is full of Cyprus brides to be and past :)

• Do remember that all your guests will need to pay for their flights and accommodation.

• Yes of course that's another thing we need to take into consideration as well.. This is hard work lol X 

• I'll have a look at Cyprus brides now 👍🏻 Thanku X 

• Kay30Kay30 Posts: 5

Why not conciser a different Greek Island? Cyrus is very easy to get married in (for UK brides). Santorini is just beautiful :)