Best destination in Europe pls

Hi me and my partner are narrowing down our choice of  destinations for our wedding and wondered if anyone could help. 

We want Europe and child friendly places. Defiantly want private for the day and maybe a bit inconspicuous? 

is my better bet to contact wedding planners? Will they charge me for information if I don't book with them?

Sorry we are new to all this as we got engaged last week and struggling where to start

Would love nice beaches, nice restaurants and bars in surrounding areas and not massively touristy Just a little. I'm just not getting any ideas or inspiration from the websites X (think I'm turning into bridezilla! 😩) 

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,342 New bride

I am getting married in Rhodes, at a place called filerimos then to a hotel on the roof top for my reception afterwards, we are staying in a family hotel has a water park there to has a private beach it's lovely, we r using unforgettable Rhodes they have been brilliant, you need to pick where you want to marry then email planners see who replies quickly and what they offer you. Xx

• Hey

Have you looked at France? Me and my fiancé were looking at an area around Bordeaux, a private chateau with a pool and everything included. It was perfect but we decided our heart was at home. 

The main reason we decided against it was because we would have to get legally married before or after our ceremony and I think really we had our heart set on a church wedding (which isn't legally binding in france). But, honestly, destination wise, france is gorgeous. And you have the option to drive or fly. 

Another great option would be Italy. Countryside you have Tuscany or coastal you have sorrento. There are so many great options. (Sorry, I work in travel 😳)

I hope you find an amazing destination for your wedding. it will be gorgeous wherever you choose :) 

congratulations by the way!

• Hey! I was in the same boat when we got engaged... Knew I wanted a destination wedding but starting a search was HARD haha! 

A good place to start is thinking of favourite holiday destinations, or if you have someplace close to your heart. I went down this route and was looking at Lanzarote BUT quickly realised there were no venues that offered what i wanted as all big hotels not very personal or private... Also heard legally marrying in Spain was tricky (didnt look into this in detail though!)

Second route I went down was the day I envisaged... I pictured private i.e. Villa with just our family and friends - didnt want to walk past other holidaymakers sunbathing in bikinis whilst i was in my dress! And my second MUST HAVE was a beach or lakeside location to make the most of being abroad.

With this in mind Italy caught my eye... And this is where we decided upon as it offers lots of venues which fit with my ideal wedding and as a country is so romantic! Plus the food is TO DIE FOR and my fiance has always wanted to go there! Ive been several times and love the country so finally we decided!

a third way to start ideas is to think of themes or specific looks you have in mind... White sand beach ceremony, grand italian villa, in a vineyard, indoors or outdoors, and then get ideas from there! 

Ive spoken to several wedding planners, some have been more helpful than others but none charge just for initial enquiries so that might also help but i would say get a destination in mind first as the local wedding planners that work in specific areas are best in my experience!

good luck and keep us updated! Xx

•  unfortunatly there isn't that one special place we have been so we have a lot of researching to do. I have actually been looking at Rhodes. I did initially want a beach wedding but looking at photos on google not quite sure thats what I want now. Not sure what my other options are. Like how you are doing yours missmanniontob16 we also want a hotel with some water slides and don't want to marry on site. I want to leave the hotel behind and travel to that special place. 

We we haven't looked at France but I will have a browse! 👍🏻 

Rachel220 exactly what I want! I don't want to walk past or have strangers in the back ground of my photos I want it private. I think I want more a beachside location intead of actually on the beach, but want a small private one to take those special photos And make the most of being abroad as you say! 

I only have the evening invisaged in my head.. Not so much the day time 100% I'm also scared to sat yes that's what I want .. In case I get things wrong. 

for evening I can see .. A Small beach, outside tables, trees and string lights on them, an area inside for dancing.. That's it so far 😕 

So I can message planners and see what they send me and see if I like it? Do they send lots of pictures so you can get a good idea and prices? Xx 

• Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride

We are getting married on a beach in Larnaca, Cyprus. Here are some links if you are still interested in a beach wedding. It's all private as well. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=160030084062900 And http://galuseaside.com/gallery/ 

• Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride

All brides on board in Cyprus are great wedding planners. You tell them exactly what you want and they will send you packages based on your requirements. I think the locator we chose was the fifth package we got. Then when you have decided the venue and reception (same place for ours) then you can fine tweak the package for the stuff like wedding car etc

Yep pick a place and email them, if they r good they will b intouch quickly x

• Natalie-25 wrote (see post):

unfortunatly there isn't that one special place we have been so we have a lot of researching to do. I have actually been looking at Rhodes. I did initially want a beach wedding but looking at photos on google not quite sure thats what I want now. Not sure what my other options are. Like how you are doing yours missmanniontob16 we also want a hotel with some water slides and don't want to marry on site. I want to leave the hotel behind and travel to that special place. 

We we haven't looked at France but I will have a browse! 👍🏻 

Rachel220 exactly what I want! I don't want to walk past or have strangers in the back ground of my photos I want it private. I think I want more a beachside location intead of actually on the beach, but want a small private one to take those special photos And make the most of being abroad as you say! 

I only have the evening invisaged in my head.. Not so much the day time 100% I'm also scared to sat yes that's what I want .. In case I get things wrong. 

for evening I can see .. A Small beach, outside tables, trees and string lights on them, an area inside for dancing.. That's it so far 😕 

So I can message planners and see what they send me and see if I like it? Do they send lots of pictures so you can get a good idea and prices? Xx 

Hi Natalie,

You're ideal wedding sounds so similar to mine lol... how many people are you hoping to have with you? 

Don't be scared about saying what you want - it's only the early stages, you can always change your mind 100 times before the day :) You aren't committing to anything yet, just saying that you like a certain vision or idea for the day. 

Will you be having a legal ceremony? Civil or religious? That should also help you with deciding! 

As some inspiration I've attached a few places that I have looked at in Italy during my search... not sure if they are what you are after but might help :) 

http://www.lacostadeibarbari.it/Matrimoni/?lang=en - can have the civil ceremony and reception here (beach location) then accommodation in hotels nearby

http://www.lidodilenno.com/en/home.php - again can have civil ceremony and reception and accomm nearby... this is lake como

http://www.mediterraneosorrento.com/ - smallish hotel (around 50 rooms) for accomm and reception and the ceremony would be nearby at either Cloisters or Villa Fondi in Sorrento

http://www.villaparisi.com/english/ - villa with 21 rooms if i remember right! For accom and reception and then the ceremony is at the castle about 10 min walk away =]

I can picture your evening vision... so so pretty and relaxed :) Makes me excited for planning the finer details! We haven't picked our venue officially yet, going out to view some next week so once thats decided then we can get a date and start doing the fun parts haha! We have been engaged for nearly 5 months so dont stress if you haven't got a venue or clear vision yet - best that you take your time and really get what you want for your big day!

xx

• Ive just written down our top five destinations and will have to choose from one of those. Maybe message companies from those countries.. It's the only way we are going to decide I think. so I've chose

italy, Rhodes, Crete, Cyprus and need one more! X 

• I recommend Lisa @ Hicthed in Italy when you are contacting planners... and Aurora @ Lake Como Weddings and Events for Lake Como =] Can't help with the other countries though lol... good luck! xxx

Go on unforgettable Rhodes wedding planner they have been brill for me and they have loads of places to pick to marry in Rhodes, x

• Thanku all ☺️X