Help How do I find wedding fayres!?

Hi

me and my partner have been to travel agents to start planning our wedding abroad but wasnt blown away or wasn't very helpful. 

we want to browse round a few wedding fayres but not sure what are good ones to go to or is there a website to get a list of what's on and where. Could anyone help pls? We're from Essex. Thanks X  

• Here you are Natalie! 

http://www.ukbride.co.uk/wedding-fairs

Have you booked your wedding yet or just getting some ideas together?  You have just missed the Manchester fair, which was last week, but there are a few more.

If I can help at all, just shout.

Brenda xx

• Lovely Thanku 👍🏻 were getting ideas together to book this year X X 

• Oh brilliant theres one on tomorrow 😀 Would you say these are good for getting help to get married abroad? X 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,013 New bride

The National Wedding fair in London is this weekend, its huge and I believe they have venue and wedding planners from abroad 

• JdotJJdotJ Posts: 196 New bride

If you go on Hitched.com they list all the wedding fayres in your area! It might be co.uk but worth a look Jx

• Thanku will take a look at that also!  our tickets are purchased for tomorrow, our first one 😆 X 

• I always found wedding fayres weren't great for finding weddings abroad.  Where are you thinking about getting married, or is that part of the problem? 

We went directly through a wedding planner, I didn't bother with travel agents as I couldn't imagine they'd have the local knowledge of an area and that's so important when planning a wedding abroad. I used Lisa at Hitched in Italy, she mostly works in Tuscany but is based in Birmingham so I could get to see her regularly here in England and then she was there on the day in Italy.  It was perfect really.

I did go the the big wedding fayre at the NEC and it was brilliant, such a lovely day out and you get so many ideas.

xx