Forum home Weddings abroad

Italy Wedding

Hi 

I am new to this!! My fiance and i are wanting to get married June next year in Italy but we are really struggling on venues!! We want something with a view of the lakes or the sea but where we can hold the ceremony and the reception in the same place.

If any of you ladies have any ideas or advice it would be muchly appreciated!!

Thanks 

• Hey Beth!

How exiting - I am planning an Italy wedding too, and like you I wanted a sea or lakeside venue where we could have ceremony and reception - check out my thread here:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/weddings-abroad/going-to-view-italian-venues-how-do-you-decide/421731.html

I went out last month and viewed venues in Lake Como, Tuscan coast, and Sorrento! So I have reviewed everywhere we visited on there, with pictures - let me know if any jump out and would be happy to give extra info xx

• Beth-3Beth-3 Posts: 5

Thank you. its nice to know someone is looking for the same as me!!

When are you getting married?

I have actually fallen in love with the one you chose! the others were really nice but weren't exactly to my taste.

Who is your wedding planner? we dont know whether to go with one as they can be just so expensive. xx 

• Ah how exciting haha 😄😄 you should definitely look into it, costa dei barbari is so beautiful, I know what you mean this was an unusual find completely different style to many in Italy and far more 'us' 🎉

We are using Lisa at Hitched in Italy- she's really reasonable and very quick to respond to queries etc! Worth dropping her an email and having a chat 😄 I think it's worth the extra, most that I spoke to were between £1000-£2000 for full service I.e throughout planning and on the day coordination... I feel more relaxed with a planner as she organises all the legal paperwork etc, books your date for registrar etc and organises translation... Also the owner at our venue is lovely but doesn't speak english... He had someone with him to translate when we met him and was so helpful but I would worry about a language barrier whereas Lisa speaks Italian and has a home here and in Tuscany so best of both worlds!

we have booked for Friday 7th July 2017... EXCITED!!!! 

When are you looking for?

xx

• Beth-3Beth-3 Posts: 5

Oh i haven't heard of them. Yeah everyone I have spoken to are around the 2000 mark which i think is way too expensive!! Id prefer a wedding planner to do all that for me as well. 

I have been having a look at Portofino which looks amazing too!! Ive emailed a few hotels so just waiting on them getting back to me. 

I think we might go over for a weekend and have a look at some venues like you did. But its so hard to narrow it down to just a few!!

June 1st hopefully if we can find a venue!! 

xx

• Oooo so around the same time as us :) have you seen any more which you like yet?

I found plenty of wedding planners around £1000-£1500 so do shop around, £2000 were the more expesnive ones very top end of the planner budget that i spoke to, but maybe that i was just lucky lol

I know I found it SO HARD to narrow it down hence why we looked all over the place lol but well worth visiting it really helps and places seem completely different to the pics when you're there, places i thought i would love weren't great and then places i wasnt sure about were amazing! xxx

• Hi both,

I am hoping to get married in Tuscany/Siena next year and still in the venue searching stage! I was wondering if either of you could advise some of the wedding plannrs you have been in contact with? A lot of the planners I have spoken to so far are charging in the £3000 range which I'm struggling to justify!! Any advice you's have would be great!

Good luck with your wedding plans!

• Louise-19 wrote (see post):

Hi both,

I am hoping to get married in Tuscany/Siena next year and still in the venue searching stage! I was wondering if either of you could advise some of the wedding plannrs you have been in contact with? A lot of the planners I have spoken to so far are charging in the £3000 range which I'm struggling to justify!! Any advice you's have would be great!

Good luck with your wedding plans!

Hey email [email protected]tchedinitaly.com ... She does a lot in Tuscany and is very reasonable... Just tell her your budget and she will come up with some ideas! Have you seen any venues you like yet? Xx

• We are using Francesca at Efffetti and she is very good:

http://www.weddingintuscany.info/

Good luck x

• LoveShoesLoveShoes Posts: 67

I can recommend Lisa at Hitched in Italy too.  She didn't seem too expensive but was worth her weight in gold for the stress she took away from me.

[email protected]

• It's worth looking in the Amalfi area, santa maria castellabate is an great place to get married. Plus you can get married on a rooftop that looks over the sea.

• sara73sara73 Posts: 3

Hi!! 

I'm planning my wedding in Italy too!

I think a need a good wedding planner...I know hitched in italy, I think they're not too expensive but good. I'm searching for local vendors like flowers and photographers..someone told me about roberto panciatici and tuscanywed.com...I think i'll try to contact them..

I'm just a little bitte confused about area...near florence or siena?

thank u!

• Thank you guys I have contacted them both!

I'm still researching venues, my partner and I are heading out there in May so trying to shortlist a few to go and view. Were after a more laid back kind of villa where we can do our own BBQ and cook on other nights as we want to spend a week there. We have seen San Galgano Abbey which looks beautiful so we have our sights set on having the actual ceremony there. A few we have seen are Villa Le Boli which is a bit more basic, Santa Lucia Cappanne and Villa Catignano. Contacted a few in the Poggibonsi area today that I found on the Home & Away website =D. Exciting!

Thanks for your help, hope the planning is going well!

• laura418laura418 Posts: 5

Hi Everyone

I'm hoping to get married at Sorrento, Cloisters in May 2017. We've sent off our papers to the town hall (through a wedding planner) before Christmas, however our date has still not been confirmed.

Is everybody else in the same boat? 

I don't know whether our planner is dragging their feet, or if the Town Hall still hasn't confirmed things.

I'm just dying to get planning :)

thanks

Laura

x

• Also planning wedding in October 2016 with [email protected].

She's been great!

I'm also looking for vendors... more specifically, musicians and videographers. Any suggestions?